M*CARBO Brotherhood

Sub 2000 gun case

I think I’ve settled on a case for the sub 2000. I sent back the 25 inch and 32 inch and have settled on the 34 inch. It fits in pretty nicely and has a little room for when I add the butt stock pad

UTG Covert Homeland Security Gun Case, 34 inch

10 Likes

thats a nice case you found!

3 Likes

For now, its a tight squeze, but when folded, just fits in my ruger takedown bag. Yes the 10-22 is in there with it too… The S2K optic has to be removed though.

Ive been eyeballin this one below on amazon, but need to spread out my spending so i dont raise any alarms. The biggest decision to make is whether i want it stored in half (24" bag) or deployed, (32" bag)…

7 Likes

I was thinking that also. I went with the larger one since it gives more options, like easily adding any handguns. I don’t need to remove the optics, but it does work a little better, especially if the sub is folded. That one you are looking at is also a nice one.

2 Likes

I bought a shorter bag but since I don’t carry it everywhere I realized there’s no real reason for me to take it down. I certainly don’t want to disturb the red dot (even though it’s been holding zero okay), and unless the bag’s custom-fitted, those loops and velcro usually don’t match up very well so it feels ‘sloppy’ to me. I’m using a standard rifle bag for now but may get something like the Amazon one you showed.

3 Likes

The velcro parts can be moved to any of the loops you see in the UTG bag

2 Likes

Yes, I agree, but I’m using mine for a PCR and the difference in height between the butt and the top of the red dot ends up not matching those loops, and then the barrel has to fit below it. The only bag that comes close to being “right” for it is a backpack style made for a 10/22. Since I only use it at the range, it’s unnecessary to take it apart. The Sub2K, on the other hand, fits under my truck seat folded so I don’t use a bag for it at all.

1 Like

How does that case work with the MCarbo mount in the folded position? I’ve tried a few cases but thought I would damage my Sig red dot

3 Likes

Welcome. You will see it folded in the third picture. I wouldn’t have any worries about the red dot being damaged but I think I’ll stick with the configuration in the last picture, if I’m taking any handguns. When the sub is folded, along with the extra width of the red dot, it adds a little more to the width than I would like. You can still close the case perfectly fine, though. I’ll have to try some different configurations with it folded, perhaps, with no handguns, and the sub in the case on a diagonal, if that makes any sense.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback Reb, greatly appreciated. I just finished putting together a hard case for my sub2K but was looking for a soft case idea and this looks great.

3 Likes

I went with a TufForce 22" x 12" X3 softecase (link below). No shoulder strap and the placement and 3 smaller sized mag holders are not optimal (but fixable). The 3 velcro straps perfectly fit a folded S2K. I can fit the S2K, a bunch of mags, a few boxes of ammo, and either my Smith Wesson M&P 9mm or my Kahr CM9 easily. I did cut a piece of foam to separate the top and bottom halves when closed (holds things in place better and won’t allow rubbing/scratching). Not sure how well it would take a MCarbo Optic Mount and Red Dot given its narrowness.

1 Like

When protection is needed I use this hard case from Harbor Freight. In the second picture you can see the cutout where the Optic Mount and Red Dot rest.

For routine use, I go to this soft case that I got from Amazon for around $25. It holds everything I need, including my EDC and ammo. I confess, however, that I worry a bit about the red dot in this case. That said, it remains true after dozens of trips in this bag.

4 Likes

Welcome to the show xnavyguy

I dont fold my S2K any more because of my red dot.

1 Like

Hello all, I’m new to the forum and saw this thread so I thought I’d show my Sub2k carrier I put together. There is a notched piece of foam in the top flap the cradles the red dot when closed. Did the same for my CZ scorpion.

9 Likes

Welcome to the Brotherhood, Mike. That’s a nice setup.

2 Likes

Hey Meat, welcome! Great looking case.

1 Like

For a hard case to store in the truck I had an old DeWalt recip. Saw case.

7 Likes

Welcome to the Brotherhood, Eric. How did you cut out all the interior partitions? I’ve got a DeWalt cutoff saw case I’m not doing anything with. I was thinking a dremel with a cutter wheel.

1 Like

Welcome! Great idea for the sub. I used an old DeWalt case for emergency supplies in my truck. They fit great under the seat.

3 Likes

Hi, first I cut them with tin snips. Then I took a small die grinder and sanded it smooth.

3 Likes