SUB-2000 Gen 3?

The rumors are getting thick! I wish I could say we knew for a fact but have only heard our own set of rumors here. What have you guys heard for Gen 3 rumors!? I know @Wedge heard one, would you share it.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t exactly call a Kel-Tec employee admitting that a G3 is in the works a “rumor”. LOL In fact, he even talked about the engineer’s decision with the different collar designs.

3 Likes

@ChrisNelson Gen 3 Sub-2000? I’m still on a Gen 3 Glock and a Gen 5 Smartphone…I can’t keep up! :tired_face:

6 Likes

7 Likes

I got ya beat. Early Gen 2 Glock 19 and a Samsung Galaxy S3. LOL

3 Likes

You mean like this collar…

7 Likes

@twzlrs G3 confirmed.

2 Likes

The grip has a different profile as well. Gen 2 on the left.

3 Likes

Yup, that’s exactly it. I was the one who actually noticed that in the picture and asked about it first when it was posted in the group on facebook. That was the same thread where, later on, the Kel-Tec guy slipped up and admitted there was a Gen 3 in the works. Actually, the company itself screwed up first by using a Gen 3 picture to point out where the serial number is located. LOL

5 Likes

And, as I said there, they should let us who were affected by the barrel recall swap them for Gen 3s when they’re available as a nice gesture instead of just sending it back a worthless 10rd magazine. Apparently, they can’t even give us another magazine in the capacity that actually came with it.

2 Likes

The very least they could do! I personally have waited for over 2 weeks for a box that was NEVER sent, nor have I received any response to the messages I’ve left for apparently the ONLY person at Keltec, Sharon, who is handling this catastrophic recall. Sadly my Sub 2K will be the last firearm I purchase from them, their handling of this recall has been incredibly poor, the mere fact that the notice of the recall was left to word of mouth on social media outlets is inexcusable! Thankfully we have the Brotherhood to watch each others backs! Well enough of this rant, time to move on considering I’ve gotten somewhat off topic here.

1 Like
SUB-2000 Recall Info

Sharon’s never once replied back to me via email, either. But, Erika has been very responsive to actual help tickets created on their website. Sean has been helpful on the phone, too, so Sharon’s definitely not the only public relations type who’s handling the recall.

And, as for social media/forums, it’s very, very effective. It’s the fastest way to spread the word these days because what happens on one forum easily and quickly gets passed everywhere else, which is exactly what we saw with this recall. It’s not like they were going to start putting out TV/radio ads about it. And, they have a huge and immediate pop-up on their website that you can’t miss, so it wasn’t all just social media.

But, the one thing they seemingly could have done very easily was to just send out a broadcast mass email to everyone registered on their site whether they owned a Gen 2 SUB2000 or not. Basically, an “oh by the way…” type email. They would have reached a lot of people that way in one fell swoop.

2 Likes

UPDATE

Sharon called me back today and we sorted out the miscommunications and my concerns regarding the handling of the recall. More on it HERE

1 Like

I would expect any Gen 3 to be on display at the Shot Show, Sand Expo Center, Las Vegas, NV,.January 22–25, 2019.

1 Like

I hope it comes in 10mms

7 Likes

Anxious to see how many problems are addressed in the next gen. We’ll see if Kel Tec has learned anything or listened to sub owners

2 Likes

IMO, the Gen 2 was a HUGE improvement over the Gen 1 and pretty solid. All I’d really like to see on the Gen 3 is a slightly taller rear sight (non-issue on the Gen 2 with an M*CARBO upgrade), the collar at the back of the receiver threaded and not glued on, which is going to be a reality…and ZERO potentially 'splodey barrels or recalls of any kind… :+1:

5 Likes

@Wedge Really the only thing I like better on the gen2 is the hand gaurd, and the larger ejection port and the length of pull. Not that the Gen 1 ejection port is too small it just looks better can’t speak for the front sights never shot through the Gen 2 but I am happy with the stock front sight on the Gen1 but it is a pain in the ass to adjust

2 Likes

NEWSFLASH!!!

The “GEN 3” has already been produced - in all possible variants - by US as members of the MCARBO Brotherhood via our ingenious multitude of modifications utilizing MCARBO after-market parts plus others.

Other than changing certain parts from plastic to metal (e.g, the trunnion), what could Kel-Tec do that we combined, have not already achieved???

3 Likes

I’d be “on it like Blue Bonnet” :+1: Glock G40 mags please!!

2 Likes