M*CARBO Brotherhood

Straight Or Curved Trigger?

I’m going to order the trigger package for my 2k Gen 2 and need thoughts on the trigger.Which is best.I’ve never used a straight trigger so let me know what you think.

8 Likes

My experience with flat triggers
MCARBO with all the frills for the S2K With all the polishing (2lb 9oz), very crisp!!!
Ruger AR556 MPR CMC 3.5lb drop in Primary Arms limited serialized version(2lb 6oz) very little travel and reset $119.00
Sig P320 and M17 grayguns trigger kits (2lb 6oz) a vast improvement $131.00 ea.
Sig P938 Galloway adjustable trigger (3lb 2oz) next to no take up and reset is short and crisp $43.00
Tavor SAR21 Geissele Lightning bow with Super Sabra pack (2lb 7oz) what can i say took 4 inch100yd groups down to just over an inch $350.00/$99.00

I feel the mechanical advantage is better than most curved triggers. You can adjust the finger position makeing for a more natural pull.

I love them ALL !!!

8 Likes

I’ve had several guns with a flat trigger and never really liked them. It feels uncomfortable to me especially if I am shooting a lot of rounds. If I had a target gun where I shot only a few rounds I could probably live with a flat trigger. Just my humble opinion!!

8 Likes

Any of the rifles or pistols you have that have flat triggers on them and you do not like them then I will be glad to come take them away for you and I will not charge you for the service. IMHO

7 Likes

The first flat trigger I ever bought was for an AR. It is a CMC 3.5lb drop in trigger. Only reason I bought a flat one was because the curved trigger was out of stock. Am I ever glad it was. Flat trigger allows for any finger position to feel natural. I have since switched 5 AR’s to flat triggers and both of my S2K’s now have MCARBO flat triggers. From that point on, any trigger change will be a flat trigger.

10 Likes

@Texprep @Turmeric

I wished that I had the pleasure of shooting as much as you both to include my ‘humble opinion…’ I guess that I have been spending way too much money on my builds lately? lol

6 Likes

Oh no problem…I just change them out myself, but thanks for the offer😊

6 Likes

Thanks for the information.

6 Likes

I can use either or but I went with the curved one thinking it might make for a little more room in the trigger guard for my fat finger but I don’t think so.

I like the looks of the straight skeletonize trigger the best.

The only real beef I have other than looks is that the trigger pull gauge I think is more accurate near the lower end of the trigger and the curve makes it hard.

7 Likes

Flat trigger. I have flat triggers on my AR10, S2K and my Taurus pt111. Anytime I replace a trigger now will be with a flat trigger.

5 Likes

I went with the curved trigger.It’s what
i know.

5 Likes

I use both. if its a lefty gun, straight trigger. if its a righty, curved trigger. im a joint light on the right trigger finger, so its all about distance/reach for me…

5 Likes

I bet that’s a good story about your missing joint LOL

2 Likes

I have a geiselle super dynamic flat trigger on my AR. Very nice two stage trigger with 2 1/2 lb take up and 2 lb break. Definitely a fan of the flat trigger!

2 Likes

still got it, I had grown quite attached to it you see, so when it came off, and it couldnt be reattached, I put it in a small medicine bottle , full of tequila, that way no matter where im working hot or cold, dry or wet, part of me is always comfortable, and feels no pain.

the only handgun I have trouble shooting is GLOCK. due to tha infernal trigger safety, I have to break my wrist slightly to reach so then i have the “weak wrist” issue with cycling. Im ambidextrous, so i dont have a weak side, but i do have a few set up with straights, for left hand use.

sides, that why ya get 8 fingers, and 2 thumbs, ya come equipped with spares!
:crazy_face::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

I thought their would be a story there,It’s better than I expected.Don’t drink it if you ever get thirsty LOL

5 Likes

ROFLMAO how it got detached was another story. but you should see reactions from bartenders when i asked em to top off the bottle…:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

You’re going to have to try both out and make that judgment because I’m guessing you’re going to get such an incredibly wide range of answers you’ll have no answer.

Personally, flat or curved doesn’t matter to me. What matters to me is the pull length, the break, and the reset. I put custom triggers and works on my pistols and that’s the part I shop for (and pay a bunch of money for). Flat or curved doesn’t matter.

I have a Walther PPQ 45, it’s my EDC. Out of the box it has arguably the best stock trigger on a striker fired pistol. I liked it but I didn’t like the takeup. I put an Apex trigger on it. The Apex has about 1/8 inch takeup, 1/8 in pull with a really crisp break, and a 1/8 inch reset. I’m a happy shooter. It’s still a five pound trigger and it’s a flat trigger.

My backup is a M&P 2.0 9mm. I put an Apex on that one as well. It’s got a little more takeup, pull and reset than the Walther, but it’s crisp and I like it. That one has a curved trigger.

Again, I’d recommend going to a range and trying out some examples.

7 Likes

Neither have i until i bought the flat for my sub. Now i wish all my firearms had flat triggers. Made of metal not plastic of course.

4 Likes

Once I read “good for use when shooting with gloves” it was a no-brainer for me. Northern Minnesota, fall/winter shooting. . .

4 Likes