M*CARBO Brotherhood

Stovepipe issue

Anyone have this issue. Intermittent stove pipes. Back of the port is all chewed up from the mouth of the brass hitting it. I’m sure that’s the cause of the stove pipes. The brass is reentering the chamber as the bolt moves forward.

2 Likes

Have you had the receiver apart and, if so, is the ejector installed correctly?

1 Like

No internal mods. Never apart. It’s got a no recoil charge handle and a lifesaver. But it was the same frequency of malfunction before the recoil management accessories.

2 Likes

What type/caliber? I have a Gen 2 G19 version and the thing just runs and runs. I haven’t had a single malfunction with it yet before mods and after mods. Also, with two different front ends since I had to send mine in for the barrel recall.

1 Like

Gen 2 9mm Glock mags. Has probably 7-800 rounds through it. Malfunctions with any mag combo. 1 out of 150 rounds or so.

2 Likes

Not reliable enough for me yet. 3 different types of ammo

2 Likes

Nope, definitely not reliable enough at all. I have almost 2000 rounds through mine with zero jams. At least three different types of ammo, too. WWB 115gr (primarily), 124gr, Speer Lawman 115gr, Federal 115gr range ammo, Federal HST 124gr hollowpoints, etc. I use several G19 and G18 (33rd) mags and the one Pmag copy I got with my SUB2000. It definitely sounds like you have issues with the extractor/ejector. I don’t have a single ding in the polymer at the rear of my ejection port. Unfortunately, it sounds like it needs a trip back to the mothership.

3 Likes

What type of ammo are you using?

3 Likes

I’m using factory 115 Winchester, Remington and Fiocchi.

I pulled the extractor out of the bolt last night. Thought I’d try to play with the spring tension to adjust the timing of the ejection and see if that helped. I replaced the stock extractor spring with a softer yet similar sized spring from an AR trigger disconnect.

Put about 50 rounds through it this afternoon with no FTE issues and a noticeably different ejection pattern to the 2:00-3:00 position vs piled at my feet. I’ll keepnrunning it and see what happens.

4 Likes

I’ve been running some 3-gun so haven’t had much time behind the Sub. Did run a 5 stage IDPA match today. Gun ran flawlessly with the extractor spring update. I’ll keep you updated if I have anymore issues.

5 Likes

I’ve only had one in 1k ± rounds. My suspicion was a weak load, .40 American Eagle target 165gr. Only other issue was my fault on a double-tap that didn’t eject the second spent casing.
Going to replace the trigger springs when i switch out the multi mag for glock. Watching kona’s video on the trigger bar definitely gave my some envy issues.

5 Likes

And there it is

2 Likes

If it were my gun, I would make sure that the bolt and tube were really clean. I would also make sure that the ejector and the extractor were not bent and working properly. Make sure that the there wasn’t something in the breech that was causing the hang up. Slide the bolt in the tube, while it is open to make sure that is it not hanging up on something, like the hammer. I would then Militec the bolt and the tube. If this still doesn’t work, I would try changing out the recoil spring, which is hinged. Checking the feed ramp for problems is also a good idea.

1 Like

My son ran the 2k in a USPSA match today 150+ rounds and not a hiccup. I’d say the extractor spring mod was a fix.

3 Likes