M*CARBO Brotherhood

Stop Me...I Swear I Will Do It!

Okay I hate the AR15, but thats to be expected since I hated the M16 as well in all of its variants. And do NOT get me started on how the M4 deserves a special place in Hades!

I can give you all the reasons, from the caliber to it being a direct impingement system, the never ending crap that folks hang on these toys, or simply the fact that it was not a .30 in a garand style action.

I could point to M1s, M1As, M14s, FALs, and even many of the AK variants…a whole host of “real guns” for men whom did NOT have to wax their legs and shave their vaginas. For 34 years I have not felt the need, desire, or inclination to shoot or own an AR.

But yesterday my wife talked me into shooting ARs with her and I have to admit I had a lot of fun. She gave me that FN and I gotta admit I liked it. My students and club members want me to design and build a Hogan’s alley style AR course and I am seriously thinking about it.

Maybe ARs aren’t so bad?

Or as my wife says…“can’t guns just be fun?”

10 Likes

@Johnksg My dear Mr Cuddles . I agree with the fine women that married you. AR’s might not be the best weapon out there , that will be taken up in a new thread I’m sure , But they are just fun to shoot. Don’t fight it , just shoot it. :smiley:

8 Likes

dont feel bad or alone John, it took me till about 6 years ago to even desire to touch a AR15 style platform, (all the fault of the early M16 platform) I just couldnt stand em. when everyone was into the AR platform, I was into H&K and FN rifles, and chasing STEYR and GALI. once i did the first AR Frankenstein build, I was Hooked.

8 Likes

@godallmighty my esteemed Duck of Death, nothing broke, the ammo was cheap and plentiful, I shot single hole groups with only 1" of hold over between 50 and 25 yards!

It was kinda fun…just don’t tell anyone I said that!

5 Likes

That HK91 was a seriously good weapon!

4 Likes

@Johnksg My lips are sealed

Did everyone hear what Mr Cuddles said. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

heard somethin bout puddle pirates, then ears started ringing again…:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

first one L got was a H&K 93 brother, and then later a clone CTME G3/91 that one took some work but was a labor of love…

5 Likes

@godallmighty my dearest friend. I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!

But honestly I did have fun and at lunch today in the club I more or less agreed to design an AR fire and manuever course on the 75 yard bay.

I will only leave it up for one month though.

5 Likes

@GOBLIN

5 Likes

puddlepirate%20patch
https://puddlepirategear.com/shop
damn i found the mother load at www/puddlepirategear.com
ITS A MIRACLE!!! :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

5 Likes

I am thinking of a course with three “rushes.” The start position is you must clear targets at 25 yards before you advance to the next firing position. Second position you engage targets at 25-50 yards. Final stage is pure CQB with targets from 3-25 yards. Will require standing, kneeling, and prone shooting from behind cover.

6 Likes

@GOBLIN omg Buck that is really a thing? The guy modeling their tshirt on the front page made me spew my beer!

5 Likes

@Johnksg funny the things you can find on the internet aint it brother :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

@Johnksg @GOBLIN

Gotta get a t-shirt with this logo on it.

4 Likes

put 45 degree iron sights on it, as well as a dot, and make em roll the AR to shoot in one section of the course. most shooters thats un-natural shooting angle…

4 Likes

@godallmighty yeah keep telling yourself that brother! I know that those bouy tenders are some serious hardcore pipe hittin fellers! :rofl::+1:

4 Likes

@GOBLIN I am thinking popping smoke or dry ice machines and road flares for ambience…at night! :grin::+1:

5 Likes

add some paint ball style claymores for effects…

at 2:15
7 Likes

@GOBLIN yeah we’re NOT gonna do that on a live fire course. I am an RSO remember? :scream:

5 Likes