M*CARBO Brotherhood

Stoner Picture Thread

Installed the SBX15 brace and Tread parts that arrived today for my S226.
All decked out in Sig parts now. Just need the Romeo5 and Tread mount.

11 Likes

She needs a different trigger, brake, and glass, but she’s up and running. :metal:t2:

11 Likes

in one word Logan. Geissele .
for what you rockin, SSA-E you will love it.

7 Likes

@goblin I never tried them but I’m partial to Timney

5 Likes

I like em to.Timney thats whats in my bolt guns. tried a SSA Geissele first. smooth. the Tried the SSA-E DAMN excellent no qualms trigger. then i got a deal on a HSNM comes with a spring set, 3 different tensions. tune-able par excellence. has taken me almost a month to get used to that spooky smooth bitch on a 2.5 break…
im not downplaying timney at all , the one on my BDL is slick and smoothe as a prom queens thighs, But find someplace to try a Geissele…

8 Likes

@goblin right on I’ll check it out

5 Likes

@Kona @GOBLIN
Speaking of triggers, I’m quite pleased with that Sig two-stage I installed earlier today.

7 Likes

@ValorSolo match duo lite?

5 Likes

Taking a break from doing some cleaning

9 Likes

I’ve got a corner that looks just like that. Lol

@Kona

I’m not sure what it is. I ordered a single stage Tread trigger from here.
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/trigger-kit-m400-tread-single-stage-flat-blade-blk.html
You can see the box in the picture above clearly says it’s a two stage match trigger.
It doesn’t look like the duo, but it’s clearly two stage. And I’m very happy with it.

7 Likes

@ValorSolo @Kona @Chris19d only problem with going with any of the custom triggers is after that anything milspec or factory, feels soooooo bad…

11 Likes

To be honest I dont mind gi triggers it all comes down to application/use case what goes in a gun for me. Then again my stock triggers tend to have fairly high round counts and are worn in

9 Likes

@goblin It really does. It’s made me
Hate GI triggers

9 Likes

I guess I’m more like @Chris19d on this. I have certain guns I want better triggers for.
But I don’t mind or dislike mil-spec triggers on the other half of my guns.

6 Likes

I always had to stone std millspec.being primarily a lefty in a right handed world just was more better for me… or getem past that 3000 rnd count. then they felt decent

7 Likes

Could not have said it better.

7 Likes

M16A1ish. A few modern touches like a 1/7 twist, M4 type feed ramps and a brass deflector. period correct are the A1 FS, 20" barrel, tear drop FA, A1 NOS pistol grip and furniture, trap door (A1) butt stock and USGI surplus (Colt) sling. The A1 style upper also has a USGI surplus rear sight. Also note the small raised part of the dust cover, and straight handguard ring, also period correct. This is a work in progress as the lower will be soon changed out to a correct A1 replacing the M4E1 style on it now.

13 Likes

Nice. Such a fine looking rifle.

I’ve had a retro A1 build planned for quite awhile now.
Keeps getting pushed to the back burner though.
Someday, I’ll invest my time into it.

7 Likes

If you do find the time or motivation, I think you’ll be quite satisfied. Using the more modern parts available make it a much better rifle than I remember carrying. Sighting in at 100yds. Lower shots adjusting windage, upper getting elevation dialed in.

10 Likes

Bushmasterar15, diamondback ar15, psa AR47, colt ar15 with family crest encraved. Really good shooters. All have really nice red dots or scopes now. Goat a sub 2000 I’m playing with now.

11 Likes