M*CARBO Brotherhood

Status of David Chipman ATF

I was going to post some of the latest information regarding Chipman’s up coming Confirmation Hearing but have been unable to locate the Topic on the MCARBO Forum. Has it been removed? If so why?

6 Likes

I’ll just go ahead and explain about the American Accountability Foundation report that was sent to the US Senate that outlined why Chipman should not be confirmed as the ATF Director. Such as, Chipman while employed by the ATF had several EEO complaints, a possible Sexual Harassment complaint, had an impermissible $44K relocation claim and complaints regarding his comment of Afro Americans must have cheated to pass ATF test’s. Refused to allow the Senate to review his personnel file, an issue of a lost service weapon that has yet to be resolved.
Rather then try and remember everything in the document in my account, I suggest you go to Youtube and search “Guns and Gadgets” for a more accurate account.

Just remember y’all heard it first from kygman, Chipman will Never be confirmed as the ATF Director.

5 Likes

Hi Gary.
I’m not sure which, or if, you were referring to a specific topic you couldn’t find, but there haven’t been any removed.
I did a search of “ATF”, and it brings up several related topics. I don’t know that your post really fits within any of them, any better than it being on its own, so it’s just fine as it is.

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I literally spent hours looking for one particular Topic on David Chipman and couldn’t find it. It was also a Topic I responded to several times. Trust me its missing.

4 Likes

@kygman I did find this reference to David Chipman.

3 Likes

@kygman

I looked at your past posts, and didn’t see any on the subject. I am still investigating.

4 Likes

Nope. thats not the Chipman Topic I was looking for.

2 Likes

I too have diligently searched the forum and the topic - as well as my own posts to it - seems to have disappeared.

6 Likes

Same here. Doesn’t removal require a mod?

6 Likes

@ everyone.
I found the topic in question, and yes, it was deleted. :ok_hand: Approx. 1 week ago.

@kygman
I apologize Gary, for my previous, incorrect statement, that none had been deleted.

With the vast amount of constantly changing and growing content contained within the forum, it is easy for me (or any mod) to be unaware of, or notice topic changes, relocations, mergers, edits, deletions etc (done by other mods), especially if it’s a topic they are not an active part of.

@Ironbutt70
Yes, it does require a mod to delete a topic, with the following exception…
A topic can also be deleted by its original author. (wasn’t in this instance)

4 Likes

Can whoever deleted that thread explain why it was deleted?

5 Likes

It’s not my place to step on another mods toes, speak for them, alter their judgments, actions, or decisions etc of course. I will ask to have the reasons clarified, however.

Whether the actions are popular and agreed with or not, mods are always happy and willing to state their reason(s), for any such administrative actions.

That being said, and just as a friendly reminder to everyone… this “Does Not” mean that administrative judgments, decisions and actions are subject to question, debate, discussion, influence, popular opinion, personal perspective or view in any way. (Other than at the “Sole Discretion/or Not” of the mod)

8 Likes

This Confirmation Hearing on Chipman affects all gun owners and quite frankly all Americans. With something of this importance, I honestly can’t understand why this Chipman Topic was removed. Perhaps someone will enlighten us.

6 Likes

Most up to date thing I saw on him

4 Likes

There was probably too much political commentary /criticism .
We as a group tend to push the limits going down partisan bunny trails.
Just my 2cents

7 Likes

@Thatoneguy have you watched the Youtube video? That is the latest on Chipman.

3 Likes

While I hear what you’re saying and I don’t like the guy, for the record, we need to be mindful that this is not an independent forum. It is tied directly to a business and in general exists in support of that business and its products.

8 Likes

Best I can tell MCARBO is not an Anti-Gun organization that relies on the firearm community for 100% of their entire existence. A thumbs down on an Anti-Gun advocate like Chipman would surely be in their best interest.

5 Likes

Gary, we are a forum of like minded gun lovin enthusiasts, supporting MCarbo, and honoring their wishes in participation here, which should solidify our common stance on the ATF appointee in question…
The conversation drifting into WHY said turd was appointed, and the agenda behind that decision, is where it starts getting into the political arena .

Thats my opinion, and I agree with @jeffing65 the reasons should be obvious enough, that they dont need to be justified by the mods. They answer to a higher authority :grin:

6 Likes

Chipman is an anathema to freedom. Biden wants him to be his personal Ernst Rohm and I fear if he is confirmed that is exactly what he will be.

4 Likes