Stainless Steel Feed Ramp Polish Kit

Definitely worth it.

4 Likes

ok, m*carbo peeps, here’s a wrench to toss into this convo: I installed every internal component into my g23 s2k, but didn’t feel like polishing the feed ramp; anyone else as lazy as I? and, if so, any feedback as to the consequences of my inaction? thanks in advance…peace
Rex

4 Likes

Eventually it should polish up after a couple thousand rounds are fired through it. Polishing it just reduces the likelihood of FTF and helps reduce carbon build up on it.

1 Like

@sub2000rexxx @aadavis94 polished mine like a mirror, only use federal or speer ammo and it still is covered in soot and gunk! :hushed:

Of course part of the problem is me. If I just SLOWED down my shooting a bit it wouldn’t be so bad. But since thats never going to happen I just have to deal with it.

And that leads me to the greatest issue I have with the S2K…the difficulty in cleaning it. :angry:

4 Likes

I agree doing a deep clean is a pain unless you take the grip halves apart. Instead I use Hoppe’s foaming cleaner and let it soak for about 5 min then blow it out with a can of compressed air.

4 Likes

@aadavis94 I use pretty much the same stuff except I have an air compressor.

Doesn’t do much for the build up around the ejector tab and all of that weird open space around the feed ramp.

Best I can manage is a clean bore and bolt face. Just keep the rest of the crud from building up too much until I simply can’t stand it anymore! :grimacing:

Honestly I don’t think there is a way to keep the feedramp on an S2K mirror clean without a full tear down.

2 Likes

I figured as long as I can keep it clean enough to keep it running it’s good enough.

2 Likes

@aadavis94 and you are right on that. As I posted on another thread a simple blowback is a dirty but robust weapon. It will run dirty with no real issues. Only a few key areas actually need attention.

But being who I am, having a dirty gun bugs the piss outta me! :triumph:

4 Likes

I’m the same way. I was raised that the first thing you do after shooting a firearm is clean and oil it. The S2K is my exception to that rule. Luckily there aren’t a whole lot of complicated moving parts that can be fouled up.

1 Like

@aadavis94 I still clean the barrel, pull the bolt, and try to get as much out of the receiver that I can with Hoppes and an air compressor…

But I wouldn’t call it clean…just good enough that I can live with it. Lol

1 Like

@Johnksg Even after all these Months and Our last talk on This :astonished: it’s still hard to Wrap My head around the idea of a ‘‘dirty gun is a happy gun’’ :crazy_face:
So I Cheat’ carb clean and Dentist style air nozzle and the old compressor for the bad areas.:sunglasses:

1 Like

I use Shine seal a lot. If ive just buffed out a frame or engine cases, or wheels, any part, that is exposed to dust dirt and /or the elements, (used to be called Zoop Seal, company changed names when the owner improved product) I use Shine seal. No corrosion, carbon/brake dust wipes right off. you simply reapply the coat, wipe on wipe off, about every 6 months.
wipe the the feed ramp clean with a long stick swab. sealer is expensive, but bottle will last forever. and if you do it correctly, you will never have to buff again…
www.shineseal.com

3 Likes

@GOBLIN Great Knowledge, is this like a Teflon coating? sounds Wonderful’:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I know and if it makes you feel better I still struggle with it as well! Its just how blowbacks and even DIs were designed.

But the Marine Sgt in me rages at a dirty weapon!

2 Likes

nope. its a penetrate coating, wipe it on, let it set a min, wipe it off dry. seals the pore’s in the metal. 0 buildup.:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

@Johnksg I’m sure it does’ I was going to say my DI is rolling in his grave on even thinking this way about a weapon’ And how many’‘Get Down and Give Me’s’’ I did the first Time I missed a piece of carbon!!:rofl:

3 Likes

@DivaMarie as if you could even get such a weapon through the armory hatch in the first place! :joy:

2 Likes

@aadavis94 @Jperr I’m gonna have as much in this little rifle as I do in my ar. Lol

3 Likes

@sub2000rexxx I did a little research before I polished mine and quite a few people didn’t polish there’s and had zero issues. Also when I first started shooting my sub with the 33 round mag I would get a failure to eject. But after about 100 rounds everything went smooth

2 Likes

Same here. I’ve put every MCARBO part on except the sling attachment. I’m gonna order the folding optic attachment as soon as it’s availble too.

2 Likes