Stainless Steel Feed Ramp Polish Kit

I just used a VICE so my fingers didn’t get over heated

please excuse the disgusting dirty nails
I did not wear gloves during this messy process
EWE :wink: :face_vomiting:

9 Likes

Lookin good!:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:
key to buffing, if your getting to hot, your applying to much pressure and slowing speed, producing heat from friction. if you see the buff starting to clot up and get shiny "rake"it( I use a buff rake but on those small ones you can use a small stainless wire brush) apply rouge to raked brush and spin again.
on hard metals, stainless, and carbon steels, I start with Black, then grey, then green, and finally white, each one with its own buff, do not mix rouges.
but then, I buff a lot of things…

8 Likes

Has any one done any polishing on the stainless feed ramp from mcarbo. I was just wondering if you can over polish it or change the degree of the feed ramp from polishing the wrong way.

If you just use buffer wheels and buffing compound you should be fine. Watch the video on it that chris did.

3 Likes

I’ve polished my Sub with the kit from M Carbo and extra wheels from Harbor Freight. I’ve also used the polish on various other parts in fire arms. I’ve never had an issue where I thought I changed any tolerances.

4 Likes

@CyndeeT
As being part of being a (‘proud’ M*CARBO FAMILY MEMBER PERSONALLY, I am too HONORED that you take your valuable time to take these wonderful pictures on M*CARBO’s OUTSTANDING product line @ChrisNelson to PERSONALLY have to WORRY about **OUR ** ‘dirty nails’ in her FABULOUS PHOTOGRAPHICAL MASTERPIECES, PRAYING that I have not lost SIGHT in all of the CREDIT so truly deserved, in this wonderful planet of OURS !!! ** AHO

PRAYER CAN BE A WONDERFUL ‘MOMENT’ SPENT WITHIN ONESELF?’ :+1: ET AL PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO FILL IN THE BLANKS … **SMILING UPON THE MCARBO BROTHERHOOD TODAY AND ALWAYS!!!** :grinning:

1 Like

@aadavis94 @Smoke we will see how this goes I’m doing the feed ramp and trigger kit tonight

1 Like

Awe Thanks @lonewolf greatly appreciated
…we do love our #PewPewPew’s don’t we all?
GodBless stay safe…
get out & Rock The Vote every chance you get
our 2nd amendment rights are counting on You You & You & me too :wink:
…I still say *She who dies with the Most Toyz Winz

8 Likes

It’s not as easy as Chris makes it out, but it’s not that terrible either. The video is a awesome resourse. My old ass eyes gave me the biggest problem. Reading glasses on to work, and off to watch what Chris was doing, then back on again. A lot of pausing. Take your time and you will be fine.

1 Like

@CyndeeT
Youre quite welcome and greatly appreciated! You have a very cool ‘toy assortment…’ Yes, I totally agree with you! It is also very hard to steer clear of all the firearm political jargon that hits us like ‘wildfire’ dont you think? winks However, I see why we, as a brotherhood are becoming so ‘successful’ as a group… Hats off to those (who have a conscience.) I am not poking fun… I am actually praising us for having a keen FOCUS for having such keen abilities to 'think outside the box! I am proud to be such a part, as well…Is your ‘firearm fettish’ considered 'newly acquired/you just taking it to a ‘greater level,’ more recently?I am curious… Feel free to inbox me anytime, sister! Nice ‘hearing’ from you and have an awesome day! :grinning:

5 Likes

I just followed along with the video and it was a breeze. Polishing takes about a half hour.

3 Likes

Welcome back @CyndeeT haven’t heard from you in a while. Like the Tavor. God Bless.

4 Likes

@Jperr @aadavis94 @Smoke finally finished up about and hour and a half ago. What caught me off guard was when I pull the two pieces of polymer apart shit went flying everywhere. Lol. Took me about two and a half hours to complete that is also me polishing my feed ramp. I feel comfortable enough to do another one.

3 Likes

I have been so busy shooting here’s a headed out the door pile= photo
& have not taken the time to complete all my KelTec Sub2K upgrades
I always say I will do it next snowstorm & instead I go to the range
soon I will get back in to rebuilding & improving my collection
I have many parts for builds - 2 AR-15’s & Sub2k has several parts waiting to be installed
The Tavor is a Fun BullPup I meant to post my KelTec ![

7 Likes

apparently my post duplicated itself so I deleted it

1 Like

@CyndeeT
Those happen to be a coupIe of my most favorite… I would be ‘over-zealous’ of my toys as well… AKA, I need reminders once in awhile to make sure that I havent missed anything important (especially when it comes to ‘upgrading’ my components!) :thinking::+1:

2 Likes

@aadavis94 @Smoke @Jperr I’m in love with this sub 2k. Went to the range today and put about 300 rounds through it. Gonna have to do something about the recoil. My check feels like I’ve been punched.

5 Likes

@xxKilgore92xx Get the MCARBO compensator, buffer tube cover, recoil pad and reduced recoil charging handle. All of those together help a lot. I heard getting the heavy bolt carrier from Kel-Tec helps to but I haven’t ordered it yet.

5 Likes

@aadavis94 that was my next question if I should buy the cover and all the fixins

6 Likes

@xxKilgore92xx I remember that feeling in my face the first time I shot it. Now I have the KT heavy bolt, the little M*carbo life saver recoil buffer, and the muzzle brake, and the bolt tube cover. The 4 work well together. Really reduce the recoil. It’s kind of a soft shooter now. Some people say that it feels like a .22lr with all of these. I don’t know about all that. But it is much better. No more bruises.

5 Likes