Stainless Steel Feed Ramp Polish Kit

I was watching the video on the Mcarbo YouTube channel on how to polish the feed ramp. I noticed Chris only used one of the polish bits. I was curious if we needed to use all 3 bits throughout polishing, or are the extra 2 there just in case something happens?

2 Likes

@NightKing Used 1 felt cone for about 30 minutes for a high gloss finish. Pretty much wore out after that. Extras came in handy for polishing feed ramps on other pistols.

5 Likes

I used one to polish my feed ramp, the others I will use in the future to polish it again as needed.

5 Likes

Thanks guys I appreciate the help! Maybe I’ll try one out on one of my Glocks.

2 Likes

Any tips for polishing? Cause I started polishing my feed ramp and after a while it maybe got a little shinier. I haven’t been able to polish out any of the machining marks or anything either

1 Like

Hmmm…I polished mine to a glistening gleam in just 41 minutes 38 seconds, or the entire album length of Lef Zeppelin II. Used up all the flitz and all three polishing tips. Wanted to make a pinky ring with it, so purty…:blush:

9 Likes

It takes quite awhile, when Chris said about half an hour he wasn’t kidding. I just downed a few brewskis and put on some country and went to town. Best indicator to me that the ramp was getting polished was the amount of heat that would build up. I started off at the lowest rpm and that took forever for it to get toasty hot, so I ramped it up to an rpm that didn’t fling compound everywhere but got it hot enough where I had to drop it a few times.

5 Likes

Yeah I think heat is a big part of it. I ended up putting some welding gloves on and got that thing smokin hot. I can still see a little bit of the machine lines, but if you run your finger nail over it. It feels smooth as glass. I polished for a solid 45 minutes too. Anything is going to be better than the poly ramp. Chris said you should be able to see your reflection. I could use it as a mirror. Lol

5 Likes

Thanks, after going at it for a while more with better gloves and burning myself a few times, it looks like a mirror and I think I got most of the machine marks polished away. Now I just have to wait for the trigger bar so I can put all my parts in.

5 Likes

I notice everyone saying the ramp gets hot
does No One use a Vice?
Also to stop the splatter of the schmatta… =
drape a paper towel over it for the 1st few hundred RPMS
and Voila’ there is virtually No mess :wink:
.I GotRDone in 35 minutes at lightning speed.

6 Likes

I’d buy a vice, but that’s less money for guns and ammo. Fingers and squeezing my legs around the firearm have been fine so far. Probably not the best but it works.

2 Likes

okay that’s fine… surely you have Vice Grips?

6 Likes

Cheap vise grip works from freight harbor. Or just knock on your neighbors door and ask if they have a vise grip you can use.

3 Likes

Just keep going, it takes time to get it right

5 Likes

I think this is all I’m going to do!
Before

After
after the after, this time I’m really done…

6 Likes

@Omnivious Looks really good.

3 Likes

Good evening. I hope all had a great Christmas! I just received the ramp feed polish kit and muzzle lapping compound kit. I used it on the feed ramp on the R51 and on my Ruger Sr9e. They both look great and a vast improvement over the factory clean up. I also used the lapping compound on the Ruger’s barrel and it too looks like a vast improvement. I’m ready to put rounds through it. Over the holidays I got to visit a gun store and I think I found my new firearm acquisition. A Beretta APX! Thank you M*CARBO!

7 Likes

Got the all in one trigger job bundle today. Yay! Unfortunatly, the armorers wrench is on backorder. Boo! But it HAS already shipped, so this project will just have to wait until next weekend. So I spent the time polishing up the feed ramp. Good and smooth and ready for next weekend now. 20190222_154618 20190222_154631

7 Likes

MAn I could shave in that mirror - god job.

4 Likes

Thanx man! That Mcarbo polishing kit made it easy. HIGHLY recommended.

5 Likes