M*CARBO Brotherhood

Staccato C2 Duo Carry; Worth it?

I really want the Staccato C2 Duo Carry and am looking at ways to purchase it one day. It has a hefty price of $2,300, but I have heard nothing but great things about this 2011. The most I have paid for a pistol is my Beretta 92X Performance for around $1200 and love it as a range toy, but I would plan on carrying the Staccato if purchased.

Has anyone here have experience with this pistol? I have talked myself out of purchasing it many times now.

6 Likes
6 Likes

Tis a nice pistol. Let us know how your will power holds out. If not, gives us another review, lol!

6 Likes

@Thatoneguy It is less about will power and more about my bank account and my wife’s furry LOL. I usually sell a gun to get another, but in this case I would need to sell two. I am at that point of not being able to part with any of my collection much less two of them. I guess I will just need to save up.

5 Likes

Exact same situation here. Funny how a lot of us end up in the same boat. Currently saving to finish .308 lower I just picked because I don’t want to part with anything else. :thinking: maybe the AK?

4 Likes

My problem is when I think of selling a gun, I go to the safe and handle it, then decide nope, not selling LOL.

5 Likes

Yep. When you think about all you’ve done to it and all you’ve done with it you just can’t let go.

4 Likes

That gun look a lot like the Bul SAS II FS/UL models.

2 Likes

Yes, the 2011 looks similar to the 1911, but there are some differences:

The 2011 is a double-stack frame and holds more ammo than the single stack 1911 . Both customize equally, though your grip options with the 2011 is limited because it is a polymer/steel hybrid.

3 Likes

As is the Bul SAS II FS/UL, in both 9mm and .45 auto configs. I thought the aluminum/poly grip frame was similar as well but I didn’t look that closely.

1 Like

@chilipepper after looking at the video, this is actually a 2011 pistol also. The title to the video is incorrect stating it is a 1911.

4 Likes

This is the follow up video using hollow points:

4 Likes

Sounds like a lot of $$$ for something that doesn’t do anything a few others do for less, especially if it’s intended as a carry piece. There are lots of accurate carry pieces out there, some very surprising.(i.e. my S&W M&P Shield that routinely groups 6" at 85 yds. :blush:)
But I get it, sometimes ya just gotta get what you want. Hope you never have to use it, unless you are willing to have it confiscated as evidence.

3 Likes

Yes, I have thought about that.

2 Likes

That’s why I bought a Shield Plus as a back up. Even it will group inside a 12" gong target at 85 yds. At reasonable self defence distances I experience much tighter groups from both.

Don’t ask me about the price of my SxS shotguns, I’ll deny everything! (Especially if Wifey is listening!) We all have our weaknesses.

3 Likes

THIS! :+1:t5: :+1:t5: :+1:t5:

I have carried every handgun I own. If can’t find an occasion, they just seem to find new homes. Pistols with occasions are keepers. So, I frequently carry $2k range pistols. If my carry pistol got used - take it - keep it - if I am still breathing, it did its job. Plus, I got more.

3 Likes

Interesting concept - range pistols. To me, pistols that only get shot at the range are as useless as safe queens. Glad you carry yours.
All my handguns are geared towards self defense. Some for 2 legged threats, some 4 legged threats. I’ve never been threatened by a paper target. But they are handy for verifying accuracy. And only accurate handguns are worth owning.

3 Likes

Based on that, I guess all of mine are useless…though I’m not sure where else yours might be getting shot. Carrying doesn’t equate to shooting, but I digress. Show up at my house without an invite at 3am and threaten my life, you might just find they’re pretty damn useful after all. Remember, not everyone lives in a state where carry is an option. And no, moving isn’t one, either. :wink:

1 Like

That’s why I prefaced my statement with ‘To me’. I realized lots enjoy punching paper. And Lord knows I have no issue with expensive firearms! (Although Wife wishes I did!)

I use targets to varify handgun accuracy, then metal gongs to keep up proficiency. And yes I used to practice a lot, right off the front porch. (Porch to metal gong - 85 yds.) But basically my handguns are tools to keep me and mine safe, both out and afeild. I use defensive shotguns at home.

Rest easy chilipepper, I have no intentions of visiting your house uninvited at 3am. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Sorry you live in a repressive state.I am fortunate to live in a free (for now) state, although Democrats would love to change that! You’d be a damn fool to venture into the woods here without a handgun. Too many bears.

If target shooting is your thing, by choice or necessity, I have no issue with ya’. No offense intended to you or anyone else. With the current ammo situation, the less I shoot the more I still have when the zombie apocalypse begins.

WB

3 Likes

I shot one at an event a couple of weeks ago, Fantastic!

2 Likes