M*CARBO Brotherhood

Springfield Hellcat Trigger kit

I would love to see an MCARBO trigger kit for this pistol. Right now the only kits available are 80+ dollars, which isn’t worth it, IMO.

5 Likes

Pretty please, guys? The kit from Apex looks like garbage for 80 bucks (and I love the “rave” reviews from guntubers about the new 5.5lb trigger :roll_eyes:). The kit from PRP seems ok, but it’s 120 bucks. Surely you guys can release a spring kit for this pistol… I could shoot this little beast a lot more accurately if I could get the trigger down to a manageable 3.5 - 4lb range. Help us out, I’m begging you. :pray:

3 Likes

I went between the hellcat and Sig p365 for a few weeks before deciding on the p365. The hellcat was a gem to shoot and felt rugged in my big hands. I did a little research and found Sig sells the grip frame for $45, flat trigger kits for $45 and mags for $45. Hellcat was fairly new and did not have as much aftermarket internals yet. I also tried the M&P Shield 2.0 and was not a fan, it needed longer grips and stippling. Plus the trigger kits were about half the price of the gun. Yikes.

Good luck on finding a trigger kit for the hellcat. I will keep an eye out for ya.

3 Likes

Looks like the only options are Powder River Precision at $104 for a kit. I like theirs better because it is not a drop in like apex. One thing goes wrong in that apex box and you are out of luck. Just like the Fostech Echo binary trigger. Yeah installation is easier but I’ve seen a few have problems and repair is not the easiest.

2 Likes

While I haven’t shot their hellcat upgrade kit, the Apex duty/carry kits for the 1st gen M&P pistols were well worth the money.

2 Likes

They’re offering a reduction from a 6.5 to 6lb. factory trigger pull to 5.5 lbs… Not worth it for 80 dollars. All I really need are the springs. I have no use for their actual trigger. While the PRP kit is probably actually worth the money ( they include all new internals with springs), I can’t justify that price when a spring kit from MCARBO and little polishing would yield better results than the Apex, and probably equal results to the PRP kit for less than half the price, most likely.

4 Likes

I know I’m not the only one with a Hellcat waiting for a kit, so I’m bumping this.

2 Likes

I just installed the Powder River Precision kit in my Hellcat today. After installing the average on 10 trigger pulls was 3lbs, 10.1ozs. It was an expensive kit, $114 shipped to my door but I do like the results.

5 Likes

I’m debating it as well, but that price just kills me.

3 Likes

@darkaynjil for the most effective trigger job on the Hellcat you need:

• The PRP reduced power striker safety spring, $2.99 + S&H
  • Apex reduced power striker spring. $3 + S&H

The cost of shipping will be higher than the parts. Still, it should be below $30.

You can buy the PRP spring at:

To buy the Apex spring you will have to call them over the phone. The SKU is 115-207.

You cannot use Glock or M&P striker spring - their diameter is too small. You cannot use XDs striker spring - its diameter is too big. The only compatible spring I know of is the one made by Apex.

You can install both taking apart only the slide. The videos from either company should be good enough to get you going.

If you are in an experimental mood, you can try a regular Glock trigger return spring, or increased power trigger return spring, 6 LBS, for the sear. The original Hellcat sear spring seems to be heavier even than the 6 LBS.

From the PRP kit, the killer part (which is not a spring) is their striker safety block, which makes the initial travel of the trigger dramatically smoother. Unfortunately, they do not sell it separately, as they do for the XD/XDm.

For me, the factory pull weight was 5.5 LBS. I really like the rolling feeling of the Hellcat trigger; I loathe sharp, hard, unbreakable “Great Wall of China” designs.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I’ll give that a go. I think I have a regular Glock trigger return spring lying around, so I could experiment with that, I reckon.

2 Likes

Ok. Just ordered the striker safety spring from the PRP link you listed - it was 12 bucks shipped. I’ll call Apex tomorrow.

2 Likes

I have the Apex striker spring on the way now. I just need the mailman to deliver both parts. I’ll start with just the springs, and post results once they get here.

2 Likes

It is great to hear you got the springs. All the best with the installation.

If at a later moment you decide to splurge on a trigger, the one that Hyve makes has screws to adjust the movement. I wish I knew that earlier.:frowning:

2 Likes

Well, it looks like the Striker spring is going to be delayed a few days due to the Communist Cough going around. I went ahead put in the PRP striker safety spring – the spring from PRP is shorter and thinner, definitely weaker than the stock spring. Trigger pull wasn’t reduced enough to measure consistently - my guess would be an ounce or two, if that. Although, just pressing the striker safety block with my finger, I can tell you it now takes about half the pressure to move it. I’ll update again when I get the Apex striker spring.

2 Likes

Great news - the mailman surprised me by delivering my package on time! Got the Apex striker spring into the pistol. It now pulls between 4.5 - 4.75 lbs (down from 6 - 6.5). It’s not quite perfect, but it’s a lot more shootable for me now. :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

If someone could sticky this for others who might want to try it, that would be cool.

2 Likes

a Springfield Hellcat thread or catagory?

1 Like

I guess this thread - I just wanted Master JP’s info on the parts and my confirmation that they fit and work to not get lost to time. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, if enough people pop in and show that there’s demand for an MCarbo kit, we might see one in the future?

2 Likes

Nothing gets lost, if you know how to search ! I despise stickies, because some forums end up with 2 pages worth of stuff to flip through before getting to recent topics.

Also i highly recommend, in addition to suggesting part ideas here, to also send an email directly to Mcarbo. They do give consideration to customer input.

2 Likes