M*CARBO Brotherhood

Spring problem installing new charge handle

Does anyone have an idea of how to solve this issue ?? Lost tension trying to clip on the end piece.
Thanks

5 Likes

yes … insert the key and wind the spring down. It is described as an alternative method for installing the cap in several places here. search should find it pretty quickly.

7 Likes

i appreciate your response but im not sure what your telling me and sight says search is disabled.
Thanks

4 Likes

@Dred was suggesting the “twist” method described in the link below. While intended for use installing the integrated locking pin it theoretically should also allow you to recompress the spring and permit the install.

8 Likes

I had the same thing happen. I was just about to order a new spring when I saw the above mentioned “twist method”. Got it done in just a couple min. I used a pair of gloves that had rubber on the fingertips and palm for extra grip.

7 Likes

I had to step out for a jobsite visit and when I got home a buddy of mine was with me. He pulled down and I slipped it on.30 seconds and my frustration was over. 15 minutes later job complete.Annoyed that I wasted at least an hour playing with it but glad it’s done.
Thanks

8 Likes

10 Likes

An extra set of hands is quite the luxury!

4 Likes

i sent it to MCARBO with a $35 check and they fixed it for me - F-BOMB was dropped every other word when this happened to me - LOL MCARBO can fix it

2 Likes