M*CARBO Brotherhood

Spent More On Upgrades!

I have spent more on upgrades now than I spent on my Kel Tec 2K Gen 2 when I got it new. Thanks to M*carbo for having what this carbine needed to make it shoot like a dream. I just ordered the trigger package and I’m looking forward to opening this thing up and redoing the insides.I like getting into the inside and seeing how everything works. I used to get in trouble when I was a kid taking things apart.Seems like they never went back together like they were in the beginning.

14 Likes

@Joavid

Don’t ‘plan’ on ever ‘completing’ this firearm! I can assure you that you will need to ‘thank’ all your MCarbo brothers n’ sisters for this (who own the Sub2K.) :grin:

10 Likes

I wouldn’t want it any other way. Thanks

8 Likes

And do not forget the fun also excelerated ?

7 Likes

What I’m talkin’ about!

5 Likes

Yep! Thus begins your journey down the rabbit hole. Weclome

4 Likes

@Joavid and the rabbit hole is very deep my friend. very deep. you start out buying new and shiny guns, the along comes a problem child, that doesnt want to work no matter what you try.
you do 1 of 2 things.
1 walk away, trade it in on something, and go back to new and shiny only.
2. pride kicks in and the" im going to fix this SOB no matter what it takes." kicks in.
my first trip along the second path, was a charter arms AR7.
time i got done, all that was left stock was the receiver and the mag catch. runs perfect.
that was pre-internet days with the only info being magazines. lot of trial and error.
at that point and time, your burning desire changes from new and shiny to problem children and fixer uppers… Im often attracted to firearms people complain about, for that reason. like making a century arms unit run smoothe and flawless.
and down the rabbit hole you go…:smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

4 Likes

I like rabbit’s I like some holes this was meant for me!!!

4 Likes

Installed the following:
Perfomance flat trigger/springs/bar
Feed ramp
Trigger bushing
Pins and screws
Trigger guard/release
muzzle brake
rear sight
Red Lion front sight
Recoil buffer
Recoiless charging handle with captive screw
Buffer tube cover
Optic mount (with Romeo 5)

The Sub2K now behaves like a different firearm. Significantly smoother and more fun to shoot. Course, the upgrades cost more that the original Sub2K, but it has been a fun project.

6 Likes

@Freddie Welcome to the Brotherhood

3 Likes