M*CARBO Brotherhood

Source for Sig P226 Kel Tec Sub2000?

All Things SUB-2000!
Any one know of a source for the KelTec Sub2000 Gen2 using Sig P226 magazines? I know they are supposed to be made, and I have even seen them advertised, but I have never found them available, or received a followup to a “notify me when in stock” message. I know that the S2K version for other than Glock is “Universal” but don’t want to pay for gear for an other configuration, then discard part of it!

3 Likes

@PNWPhil Kel-Tec sells the Sig 226 mag catch to be used with the Multi-mag versions for only $12.50. Is that a deal breaker?

4 Likes

@PNWPhil,
The way i understand it Kel-Tec offers glock and multimag versions. The Sig 226 falls in the multimag version. Heres an Mcarbo link that may help explain it.
https://www.mcarbo.com/kel-tec-sub-2000-multi-mag-options-explained.aspx

4 Likes

I understand the basic difference. But you don’t buy a generic “multi mag” S2K. You buy a S&W or Beretta, etc variant that comes with that manufacturer’s magazine (or a pmag version). So then you throw away (or sell, but always at a loss) the mag you don’t want; spend money on a new mag and wait for it; and spend your money/time on a conversion kit & installing it; and end up in a different warranty situation with a user modified weapon. I don’t want one enough to go thru that delay, cost & effort instead of getting a manufacturer model configured the way I want it, ready to use immediately, and fully warranted. To each their own… the suggested alternatives are just not my thing.

3 Likes

I understand what you are saying. I had the same problem finding the Glock 17 model. Took me almost a year before i found it. I guess the only other alternative is to go to your local gun store and order the multimag model with the sig 226 mag catch already installed.

3 Likes

Have your FFL order one. But understand Kel Tec does not reclassify your warranty status. If warranty is a concern, it should not be. Any multimag plus the mag $12.50 mag catch gets you the same warranty you had pre mag catch.

3 Likes

I was never able to find one either, so I bought the Berreta version and the Sig mag catch.
I already had a ton of Sig mags, that’s the reason I wanted the Sig version.

I really don’t mind having a Berreta mag and mag catch in my spare parts bin.
May actually get a 92 at some point in my life, probably not, but who knows.

The mag catch was not expensive and very easy to install.

3 Likes

I found a multi mag s2k at my local gun show… they are out there. Then just bought the sig mag catch.

2 Likes