M*CARBO Brotherhood

Sound & flash suppression without a supressor

Looking and asking from everyone’s personal experience with a 10.5 inch barrel in 5.56 is there a muzzle device that will help quite it down and reduce flash at the same time

1 Like

https://www.kawvalleyprecision.com/category-s/152.htm

2 Likes

I use these:

https://www.kakindustry.com/kak-industry-flash-can

2 Likes

@Whitehammer Any Linear Compensator will help “force” sound and flash forward down range. All holes in muzzle device should be facing forward, no holes on top or sides.

4 Likes

@Whitehammer you could try not shooting it Will :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

+1 for flash cans and linear comps. I just picked up a 10.5 barrel, going to make a 6in flash can and pin it to make 16in. Have a 7.5 and put the smaller diameter KAK on it.

5 Likes

I like my titanium SD Tactical Cyclone 2.0 muzzle comp with Titanium SDTA pig cover got had mine anodised bronze
It’s a wonderful comp on its own with the shroud it directs the noise downrange and if you’re feeling froggy you can do yourself a Form 1 like I did and get yourself a matching titanium suppressor. That all screws onto the same SDTA thread interface.

8.5” .300AAC SBR

5 Likes

Your build looks really good.
I decided to go with a black river tactical Covert Comp

4 Likes

So that was like around what $65 plus shipping, it’s not made of Chineseium and looks functional. So is there any catch to this product, ie POI shift? Cause it seems like a decent product and its price point doesn’t break the bank. I have a general rule on muzzle devices it should cost more than 9.99 to 19.99 and not be found on Wish/Alibaba
And should be somewhere under $105 and if it all possible manufactured in the US of A.

2 Likes

No catch if you understand how it works. Without the cover you have a muzzle break that will fight rise and recoil. Put the cover on and you lose rise and recoil mitigation but folks on the line with you will hate you MUCH less. The cover is a sound forwarder. The muzzle break will need timed unless it is drilled 360 degrees.

3 Likes

@ENTroPicGirl actually I haven’t shot it much since I installed it but the little I did didn’t see any shift of impact @Dred it doesn’t come apart it all one piece as far as I can see

1 Like

I was discussing her setup. She’s using one of the sleeved brakes manufacturers have been offering lately.

2 Likes