M*CARBO Brotherhood

Sold, My S2K Is Gone

Since I have tried the Kel-Tec I now want to see what else is out there. Looking at the Ruger 9mm carbine and PSA AR-9. Does anyone have any experience with either of these rifles?

1 Like

No personal experience, but I was eyeing the Beretta CX4 Storm, if I hadn’t gotten my Sub. The Ruger with Glock mags is probably a better choice, but the Beretta has style. Trigger pull is heavy, but Sierra Papa can fix that for a price.

1 Like

I’m betting you’ll be missing the cool folding aspect that keeps it in one piece. Personally, I have no need for a rifle that breaks down into two pieces. More to keep track of. LOL

Saw a guy shooting the FX-9 and it looked pretty good.

Gave my father an AR 9mm Pistol from PSA for father’s day. It’s just like the others but punches a larger diameter entry hole (easier to see on paper). And it’s quieter. If it isn’t obvious, ARs don’t excite me.

I shopped the Ruger, but decided on the Sub 2000 for 1. faster deployment, 2. lighter weight and 3. easier packing. In another couple years, I expect a heck of an aftermarket for this one but the speed of deployment will never touch the Sub 2000’s.

Enjoy your trials but I predict you will miss the Sub 2k. It defines its own rifle classification.

4 Likes

If by “others”, you mean the other carbines mentioned in this thread, how does it punch a larger hole than anything else that fires 9mm? LOL

LMAO …

ARs. abcdefghijk

2 Likes

Ah, must mean 5.56 ARs. :wink:

1 Like

from my experience, the 556/223 punches smaller holes on paper, my 22lr punches bigger holes on paper due to the diminished velocity. maybe its my 1/7 twist rate on my AR…:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah, keyholing will definitely make a bigger hole. LOL

3 Likes

I have a FX 9 and it’s great to shoot . Well built and has last round bolt hold open. It uses Glock magazines also . I’m a big guy and it fits and feels good when holding . It’s nice having another 9 mm AR pistol that share same mags and caliber as my sub 2000.

3 Likes

@Pete71 sorry to hear the sub gone. But the PCC craze is BOOMING right now. PSA Makes a great pcc, for what it is: a base to build upon. You can add what you want to it just like any other AR platform. If you can find a 16” barreled PSA rifle is snatch it in a heartbeat if it were less than $800. They sell out in minutes when they actually have them. CZ scorpion great rifle, exotic, similar to the sub 2k and starting to drop down into the $900-$800 range a lot of fun but lacking in aftermarket internal upgrades. I’ve heard the ruger PCC is a 10/22 ruger that accepts Glock mags basically. I’m seeing them on sale in the low $400’s could be a lot of fun.

This is coming from a competitive shooters stand point. What you’re willing to spend is what you’re gonna get.

3 Likes

@Matt I’d be interested in running the new Draco NAK-9 if they made it in rifle form simply for the cool factor. I have zero experience with it and I’m simply wanting it based on looks alone because the first rule of anything is to look cool :sunglasses:

2 Likes

High end there are other PCC’s that deliver excellent performance

$1,300 sig MPX high performance , a lot of fun, friendly to left and right handed shooters, a lot of aftermarket parts coming online for this rifle

$1,400-$1,600 MBX PCC a guy a know that creates the gold standard magazine for competition shooting has just start producing a great PCC at a fair price. He wanted to create an out of the box, high performance STI of the pcc world. The genius is the rifle barrel is 14 1/2 “but with a compensator welded on makes the barrel 16”. Custom trigger, custom buffer system, you select the color and the trigger style. One of these rifles will be my next purchase.

2k + lead star arms, JP rifles ; basically the Gucci guns, the Daniel defense of pcc. Status symbols.
“Why yes…this IS a JP”. Yawn

2 Likes

You know PSA is also rolling out their own MP5 clone at around $1100 at the start of next year?

1 Like

Yep seen something about that a while back. I’ve never had a problem with PSA stuff. I have a blem .556 lower from them and couldn’t find the defect.

1 Like

Just like vortex , PSA also warranties any of their products for life, no questions asked. Stand up guys. I own a PSA AR as well. I’ve only ever put 3 rounds through it though. (I’m busy with PCC) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I love my PSA 16 inch patrol rifle. Never had a single problem with it. :+1:

1 Like

I have the Ruger PC9 Carbine. I like it, but it is not a fun as the Sub 2000 or as compact. I do like the ability to use Glock magazines. I bought the Muzzle Brake from MCarbo and put it on the PC9. The Military Arms Channel did a review of it and it looks like Ruger could pretty easily introduce a new barrel, some small things and turn it into a 10mm! Wouldn’t that be awesome! Perhaps MCarbo could beat them to it!?!? @ChrisNelson should perhaps look into it. That would be a great new project for them.

2 Likes

I have a PSA AR-9.

I love it. I had a minor issue when I first received it. Sent it back and they repaired the problem. I have run steel, aluminum and brass through it. No problems.

2 Likes