M*CARBO Brotherhood

So ... Where Ya At?

My answer is: Texas

Texas did not make this Top 10. We actually landed at number 12 of the 19 states that were not disqualified. Many of us hold out hope that we will finally see Constitutional Carry in 2021. That won’t push us to #1 but we’ll see top 5 when it happens. FWIW our legislature only does regular sessions in odd years. The second factor limiting our rank was cost of living and our population explosion is only pushing that higher so Top 5 is a stretch but it is within the Sphere of Possibility.

@JoeFridaySays’ Kentucky (my g’pappy and namesakes’s birthplace) carries the #1 Banner.

NOTE: I did a lot of editing to remove my political sidebars for y’all. PLEASE TRY TO KEEP POLITICS OUT OF THIS DISCUSSION.

12 Likes

10 Likes

That may be why most of the rioting and looting have been limited to Louisville. Even Antifa knows better than to wander into the hills where folks still “bark” squirrels to preserve the meat. :grinning:
Just a non-political observation.

14 Likes

North Carolina. CCW was easy and thankfully I can shoot all I want on my own property. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Well, no surprise the People’s Republic of Maryland didn’t make this list, though it’s interesting to note this same guy made a video of 10 ten stupid gun laws and we did make that one… :unamused:

8 Likes

In Ohio, I got my CCW for free with no training requirement for Vet’s, $67 and an 8 hour class for non-Vets. A years pass to Ohio DNR ranges is $24. And a couple really nice ranges.

5 Likes

I would consider Michigan a carry friendly state, but obviously not going to make the list. Open carry is legal by default except as specifically prohibited, no permit needed, and conceal license mandates a one time 8+hr training, then full price renewals every 5 yrs😒 @ $120 ish.

6 Likes

Indiana here. Lifetime CCW costs $125.

4 Likes

Pennsylvania. $20 gets you 5 years CCP. No training required.

4 Likes

Gentlemen, dumb question, what does CCW acronym mean and the difference between open carry and concealed in your states?

8 Likes

Not a dumb question.

CCW - concealed carry weapon
CCP - concealed carry permit
CHL - concealed handgun license
LTC - license to carry
CWP - concealed weapons permit (had to look at my AZ permit 'cause too many acronyms)

Open carry makes no effort to disquise the firearm from the public. Concealed carry means having a weapon that is not apparent to the public. Our various states have differing demands for concealed. No big deal if my shirt blows up in Texas. That’d be brandishing in some states.

The difference revolves around the impact on the public. When open carry was legalized (again) in Texas, I did a lot of explaining to folks surprised to see ME carrying a firearm.

10 Likes

@Moosecall

If you learn something from the question then it is not dumb, learning is a good thing…especially about firearms.

8 Likes

Sorry to muddy the waters further, but…
CCW in MI stands for Carrying Concealed Weapon, a charge handed out to someone concealing without a CPL (Concealed Pistol License).

7 Likes

Gentlemen
Excellent insight. I’m learning a lot about arms management in the USA.
Not confusing when you know your state laws, and I bet there is an interesting history behind each.
Thanks again,

7 Likes

True till you try to make a cross country trip. Tried to route myself to NY not long ago. My trip was not possible. I gave up and flew without a sidearm; left my girlfriend in TX and got back as quick as I could.

@Stircrayzy … what happens if they catch you with a revolver in MI … do you also need a CRL? j/k (probably, unless a CRL is a thing)

4 Likes

Not in Maryland, our laws are backed up by bullshit and ignorance predicated on fear.

7 Likes

I did have an older police officer tell me guns in holsters don’t scare him, he has never had a holsters weapon pulled on him, open carry or concealed. Its the ones in pockets, waistbands and other various locations. That actually surprised me a lite bit.

In Indiana there is no testing or class. Its a shall issue state. As long as you pass background you get the permit.

4 Likes

@Dred
Good info
Thanks
In Arkansas
It’s called CHCL
CONCEALED HANDGUN CARRY LICENSING
This is where I’m heading

2 Likes

Ha, CRL is a new one by me! :crazy_face:
Pistols being basically anything under 16" barrel and registered as such, you can conceal as you wish as a CPL holder.

2 Likes

In Texas we also have a CARL…
Concealed AR License.

2 Likes