Snow - is this a fun thing? ❄

Yep…I’m hoping to go to the free Chile competition at Lookout Brewery tonight for the last time I’ll be in town for awhile.:rofl::rofl::rofl: :beers:

At least my wind generator will be above all of this.:sunglasses:

5 Likes

@MountainHunter
Sounds like a blast.
With I could enter, I’ve been told I make a good chili.
Currently -30°C here. I’m passing on outside stuff today.
Maybe a good fit for a firearm cleaning day?
Fun Wow.

7 Likes

Cleaned the woodstove chimney system yesterday to get ready for “Snowzilla” :snowflake::dash::ocean::wind_face:

Love love the telescoping bottom connector that allows easy straight down cleaning into a bucket…it wasn’t bad but now it’s smooth and clean…:sunglasses:

TELESCOPE UP:

TELESCOPE DOWN INTO BUCKET:

My favorite cleaning accessory I made with a steel pipe flange, 4 shackles, 2 steel nipples and some chain…use a cordless drill attached to a steel nipple on the other end of the fiberglass shaft to spin/hone/clean the pipes out. Brushes wear out but not the chains! :sunglasses:

Up down scrubbing with brushes breaks the bristles in time…:rage:

5 Likes

@MountainHunter
Very nicely done.
I dropped the ball, in the fall, I did a visual inspection and the pipes were clean so i skipped the clean out you did.
Also was getting late in the fall, which means cold enough that water is turned off.

What I should do is make a list, of which I took care of mostly but more free time is what I need.
Cheers,

6 Likes

@SnuffySmiff Any snow action your way yet? Any wind?

It’s calm here…but it feels like there’s no escaping this one. :snowflake::scream:

Got me Super Z Traction cables on the back of the Titan…for whenever I do head down. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

you put bungy cords on your tires?

6 Likes

No…it’s a heavy duty rubber tensioner ring.

4 Likes

Nothing yet. Cloudy all day with a few sprinkles here and there. Rain on the way with much colder air behind it. Ground is warm enough that I hope whatever does get here doesn’t last long. Made an expedition to Wallyworld yesterday to stock up on essentials. Not much success as the shelves were rather bare. Got enough to get by for a few days We’ll be hunkered down for the duration.
I guess I should really check out my old generator. Bought it new in '99 and only used it once for 2 hours after a hurricane came thru central GA back in '04.

5 Likes

OK, now we’re screwed!

8 Likes

He was in our town & 8 people Booed him so much he couldn’t do his weather babble. He Left ! ! !

4 Likes

Now that’s funny! I’m told he lives a couple counties over to the west of here in Blue Ridge, GA. I haven’t watched the WC in years.
Got about an inch on the ground now. Temp is showing 35 and dropping. Wind is getting up so who knows-it might be a snow ‘event’ yet!

3 Likes

Izzy is doing its thing now…

Not much going on here as of yet…

Still early though.

fjb

3 Likes

Got about 2 inches on the ground in my part of nc foothills. And still puttin it down. Biggest concern is the terrible winds. There will deffently be some trees down.

5 Likes

@Festus Hey Festus, will the Tsunami affect you?

Will anyone else get hit with it?

6 Likes

Got between 3-4 inches but thankfully it’s melting fast. It never got below 35 degrees or it woulda been a good one!

8 Likes

That’s the big thing…power outage. With these conditions, especially over yonder with the ice forecast. :cold_face:
Here, the wind is whipping from time to time, but the sun is out atm, for the time being…still cold as a well digger’s ass.
I’m prepared for a loss of electricity: firewood staged, generator prepped and if need be, the kerosene heater is on Alert Five status.

Batten down the hatches, brothers!

fjb

5 Likes

Now it’s raining to beat the band! Still 38 degrees and the snow is melting fast. Windy but not bad. Been having brownouts and quick loss of power blips since about 4:30 am but nothing major-so far. People to the north and west say they’ve gotten no snow, just rain so far. Helen GA which is south got about as much snow as we did. Weird.
Now the weather quacks are saying this afternoon and tonight will get bad. I guess the colder air will be moving in with much more wind. At least no tsunamis are expected-LOL!

5 Likes

We won’t be affected, thanks for asking. For most of the west coast, it won’t be much more than a super high tide which happens a few times yearly. I’m sure the local surfers will be out in numbers.

9 Likes

Ended up with about 4 inches of snow and then the sleat started and has added couple more inches. Winds are ripping. Just cuts to the bones. 25 degrees right now without the wind chill. I about afixiated several years ago because of a kersone heater. Now id rather freeze then just have to smell it. Just a slight smell of kersone now makes me sick pukin headache. I got tons of quilts and blankets. And plenty of wood stacked up down at the shop. So if need be me and my aunt will go down there and fire stove up. Power has been blinking for about last 2 hours.

10 Likes

Here’s where the action is. :snowflake::snowflake::snowflake:
It was knee deep by noon.
Now 22.8* F
Winds up and down…wind generator is clean and spinning good.
Woodstove cat is burning ~ 1,350*F

Still in a white out.

13 Likes