M*CARBO Brotherhood

Snakes USA thread 🐍

Our catching some rays

4 Likes

That figures ! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: And they probably vote too .

3 Likes

20210622_200552

8 Likes

Camera shy…:joy::joy::joy: Not sure what kind it is…was under the Makita Drill box…:scream:

5 Likes

Is the underside orange?

20210628_132421

5 Likes

Ya….haven’t seen one like that.

5 Likes

Hello Alabama!!!

8 Likes

One more for North Carolina…

6 Likes

Looks like a nice snake gun to me…want one !!!:dragon::boom::boom::boom:

8 Likes

Cheaper to buy .22 Snake Shot instead ! Even better, is this if you have a .38 or a .357. the CCI .38 special # 9 shot.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if I ever told my “snake on my boat story” here? :face_with_monocle:

Back when I lived on the sailboat on the NC Outer Banks…we had a hurricane headed straight for us. So we headed up a creek to set three anchors and ride the storm out. (We is wife #1)

We got there a few days early and way too many boats came for a safe harbor of refuge. About 1-2 AM the worst of the winds we’re on us.

I had just purchased a new 10 HP Honda outboard motor the day before.

As the eye of the hurricane passed over the winds got calm so I ventured out to see how things looked on deck. Marsh grass everywhere on the boat, I checked everything from bow to stern. Took a look at the outboard motor and darn if it didn’t look like the pull cord had come out and was perfectly coiled on top of the motor! :scream: Went to grab it and noticed it was a snake coiled up…taking refuge! So I grabbed my 10/22 loaded some rat/bird/snake shot and just about touched its head with the end of the barrel and squeezed one off…blew the head off the snake. :grin:

Then I got on the VHF radio to let everyone know what happened. A lot of the boats dragged anchor and people were trying to get their boats back into the deeper water. Many were stranded in the middle of a marsh. Next thing I hear is people saying on the VHF…after turning on their spotlights… “there’s snakes everywhere!” :scream::scream::scream::dragon:

Definately glad I had some 22 LR shot onboard! …and that we didn’t drag anchor…:sunglasses::boom::boom::boom:

4 Likes

@MountainHunter To me it looks like a Worm snake.
They’re small (9-13 in), and have a unique sharp point/spine on their tail, which this one looks like it has. (if I’m seeing the pic right)
How long was it? Was it shiny?

5 Likes

It was about 18” long. Yes it did have a pointy tale end. It may have been a little shiny…didn’t stay around long.
Thank you!

4 Likes

Huh…ok…
It actually looks more like the Glossy crayfish snake (18-30 in), from the color pattern in the pic (kinda’ hard to tell), but I didn’t think their habitat range included western NC. (that is where you are at, correct?)

I thought their range was limited to the southeastern and eastern coastal part of the state. That’s not to say one couldn’t be transported outside it’s range, by any number of means however.

3 Likes

Yep WNC here @ 3,200’ elevation?

4 Likes

Did a little overdo weed whacking over the side by the two concord vines. Stirred a copperhead out of the rocks. :dragon: The whacker flung it over the hill…so no kill or picture… :rage::rage::rage:

It struck at my pant leg but I’m wearing baggy pants and high boots in the woods these days.

7 Likes

So move to the Rockies & you won’t find snakes over 5,000 ft, you’ll find Grizzly bears but no snakes !

6 Likes

I could always just get an AC system, lazy boy, flat screen TV…stay inside an watch animal kingdom…and turn into a grumpy old man :rage::rage::rage:
nahhhhhh…I prefer my snakes verses Grizzlies and buying all new guns…:sunglasses:

6 Likes

I prefer older firearms in excellent working condition that are FREE ! You know the history & have memories of who used them over the years. Free is always GOOD.

5 Likes

On the way to a job….:sunglasses:

9 Likes