M*CARBO Brotherhood

Smoke Poles (as Buck calls em)

I’ve been trying to figure out how to post this for a bit. Jeffing65 helped me out. :v::v:
Thanks.
This was eye opening experience to say the least. Think about our forefathers out in the woods trying to put food on the table.

I hope ya all get a good laugh :v::v::v:

7 Likes

gives "keep your powder dry"a whole context don’t it :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

@Captainjack88, A local gunsmith showed me a blackpowder rifle he finished making and told me they had a lifesize steel buffalo target…kill shots at 1,000 yards.

5 Likes

@subsonic

That, to me sounds impressive… My arms cannot take recoil (over 9mm) without having any residual pain the next day. I guess that is why I build all those 22’s? Lol.

6 Likes

@Captainjack88 Thanks for sharing that Chris, that delayed reaction kinda got ya. Been there done that.

3 Likes

damp day , hunting with a flintlock, pull the set, ease the trigger spark the flashpan, and count 1 alligator 2 alligator 3 alligator…
Ive got up to 8 before on a rainy day before it BOOM and the deer fell. you have to follow the target with your aim…LOLOL

3 Likes

@GOBLIN
Was very different :v::v:
As the afternoon went on I got more comfortable.
Learn a lot.
I wonder if my local range would allow me to shoot smoke poles?
Fun Fun :v::v::v:

3 Likes

on occasion a outdoor range will. no indoor range around here will to much smoke. plus the side effect of a lot of us using crisco as lube, after a afternoon shooting, every one hits the first fast food they come to, as its like smellin french fries cookin all day LOLOL

2 Likes

@Captainjack88 My club allows smokers, uh, smoke poles, um black powder rifles/handguns. But, with the big panic due to this “weather event” as the weatherman calls it, they might have a temporary hold on them. This wind is supposed to subside by the weekend.

2 Likes

@Festus yea state owned woodlands, like the national forests/state parks, ban hunting with smoke poles , flint and percussion , if we are in drought conditions, of if its really dry and windy, they will close it for the day. like they have at Francis Marion quite a few times. I
shoot real black powder, and not that crappy pyrodex, I get better burn and push on the same sized ball, but they are restrictions on storing it if you have more than 5 lbs.
it is a division hazard class 1.1D explosive and while is not usually as stringent on the transportation and storage on individuals, if you have more than the specified amount, you are supposed to store it in its own magazine, separate from any other flammable agents, in its own fireproof cabinet.
If you get stopped and have 10lbs or more in any vehicle without a correct permits /stickers and storage cabinet, it can be a bad day
it gets downright entertaining if your traveling with a bunch of Re-Enactors, of the war of Nawthern Aggression, and you get stopped by a trooper out of state carrying 50lbs for the artillery group. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes