Freshly caught fish
Caps
Lighter Fluid
Rich exhaust
Nursing home
Funeral parlor

6 Likes

Ummm…yea…
With @TexasEskimo out there I’m not sure this is a road we want to go on as a group. Just sayin…

9 Likes

hay
cow manure
branding iron
sweaty horse
saddle leather
cigar smoke

9 Likes

I forgot to mention hay, manure and cigar smoke. Brought back more memories.

9 Likes

I can think of some camping trips with certain smells in the tent that bring back memories. But I don’t think that is the intention here. Ya know, hot dogs and beans and all…

7 Likes

But I’ll play along

Camp fires

9 Likes

I was a Scoutmaster for 12 years and am well acquainted with those smells and how they could be a badge of honor. Wet feet in the car returning home were awful.
There was one kid I made wrap his feet in a garbage bag. The other Scouts loved it.

7 Likes

fresh ground coffee beans
homemade bread
bacon in the skillet

9 Likes

Alcohol/Methanol Burning Hydro’s, Go Carts, Dragsters etc
@Jperr I Agree with You I feel some kind of Weird Whale or Sea Lion Thing Coming up on this ! :rofl:

7 Likes

Mom’s home made bread.
Dad’s popcorn balls.
Steaks on the grill.

6 Likes

@Festus Hay, Sweaty Horse’s Saddle Leather, All the Best of a Country lad’s life.

6 Likes

Amen to that brother! :+1:

6 Likes

Great posts. I forgot cornbread and ground coffee…and frying bacon.

7 Likes

I Forgot to Add the Oat’s Hay, and the 10 Box stalls cleaned&Mucked Out with fresh Sawdust!

8 Likes

Smells from the middle-east…
Trenches filled with garbage and stagnant water, hot sand, dried blood, tea, moldy cinderblocks, dog crap, burnt and rotting flesh (animal and human), burnt wood, wet boots, open chest wounds, helicopters (yes they have their own scent), white phosphorus, pungent exhaust fumes…
Ah… the wonderful memories. Glad I had a sense of humor or would have never turned out to be normal… just like y’all here.
You asked.

12 Likes

Smells. Like what? I smelled something last week. I didn’t know what it was.
Sometimes, sometimes I smell dog poop.
I lost my sense of smell.

If you ever need someone that can’t smell.
It’s me. I don’t smell.

5 Likes

Every time I smell cigarette smoke it brings me back to being a kid. My dad smoked back then, and he smoked in the house and vehicles.
I quit drinking over 2 years ago, so the smell of beer brings me back. My last place I worked at, the workers made it a habit to gather at a bar every few months. Most of us have moved on to other places of employment, but meeting up is still something we do. We met up before Christmas and that was the first time I’ve in a bar that doesn’t serve food since I quit drinking. Smelling all of the alcohol was crazy to me because I never noticed it when I was drinking

9 Likes

“Willie Pete” (WP) smells like garlic. I don’t like garlic anymore. I used to. Reminds me of death now.

7 Likes

OK then… a bit more narrative

• Driving with a former co-worker and his girlfriend. He farted. It smelled so bad she threw up.
  • My first real girlfriend in the 8th grade. Rich girl who wore expensive Chanel perfume.
  • The air thick with pot smoke at a Pink Floyd concert
  • Beluga caviar is like a breath of the sea
  • The smell of a decomposing dead body never leaves your memory
  • Glenfarcas 17 year old single malt smells like tree bark and tastes like a campfire
  • Meat cooked outdoors on an open fire smells so good everyone stops talking
  • Caymus Cabernet Sauvignon 2015 to impress my date. The nose said spicy raspberries. It worked.
7 Likes

Fresh cut cucumber salad
Vinegar
Tackle boxes (rubber worms in particular)
Fried okra
Fresh baked oatmeal cookies
Fresh cut woods

8 Likes