M*CARBO Brotherhood

Small Pistol Sized Reflex Sight For The New Optic Mount?

After looking at the videos and pictures that @ChrisNelson put up of the optic mount, I started thinking about how to make the sight stick less when the sub is folded. One thought was that a smaller optic would fix part of that. The small reflex sights usually used on pistols came to mind. Do you think these will sit high enough or will they be blocked from view by the front or rear sights. I think it might work but I might just really want it to work!

5 Likes

@Jimmy I’m Using the Burris Fast Fire 2&3 on mine with the Red Lion Forearm
right now’ perfect co witness and will swap out with the stock forearm Now that the Mount is done’ and do’t foresee any problems.

4 Likes

I got the Vortex Razor. It has the biggest FOV and their lifetime warranty made it worth it. I originally bough it since I have the MWI mount and it sat rather high. I’m hoping they sell a riser so that it’s a slim profile. If not, something like the Sig Romeo or Vortex Sparc may be the best option.

6 Likes

I like the razor. It’s a little out of my price range though. I’m thinking of the venom for this mount. Vortex makes good products.

3 Likes

Solid choices. I was going to go for the Romeo since I’m a sig guy, but ended with the Razor because I heard great things about their stuff and the warraty

2 Likes

I bought the Holosun HS507C in preparation for the new optic mount.

Link: https://www.opticsplanet.com/holosun-micro-red-dot-system-red-dot-sight.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwunho-Dk4QIVWrXACh29HgEEEAAYASAAEgLHLPD_BwE

3 Likes

I’d love some feedback when you get this holosun up and running, hope it works for you!

3 Likes

Yeah, the 507 seems like a great choice. Compact, good battery and solar backup, and a circle/dot.

I had the thought of a pistol dot but I wonder how much it’ll save. Maybe half an inch?

4 Likes

I want to see if it will co-witness and be able to use a TAO-1 ACOG without a magnifier piggybacked… cause I was a lil high to use it co-witness with the Red Lion…

only way to get tha magnifier back was to flip a GG&G cantilever mount ass-backards,

3 Likes

Will definitely let you know.

2 Likes

Also interested in how the holosun+Mcarbo mount works out. Wondering if a pistol type red dot will be too low to co-witness.

3 Likes

smallest dot i have is a Burris fastfire, i will see what it does if i get to test… so far, Burris AR332 prism, TAO1 trijicon, Aimpoint M/2 , and the burris Fastfire. see what will and wont co-witness… with the Mcarbo rear sight…

5 Likes

I picked up a truglo reflex. I’ll let you know how that goes.

3 Likes

@GOBLIN I’m using the fast fire 3 on the red lion forearm that I won in November’s give away, with the Stock Rail mounting plate, and sighted and adjusted just like you guy’s do for the Ar style post, Perfect Co witness love it’
Of Course now I will have to remove it all and do it over Again and put back to Stock now that the MC mount is on it’s way to be Released :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Red Lion on the Gen1 required me to shave .088 off the Fastfire mount for cowitness, to get rid of the flatspot at the bottom of the circle… but that lil fastfire is excellent smallest sight i have takes up zero room…

3 Likes