M*CARBO Brotherhood

Slide release problem

Need some hopefully helpful advice. Two of my handguns have the evidently much loved Glock type takedown system-- 2 serrated ‘buttons’, on on each side of the frame to release the slide. One of my weapons is a Taurus, the other a S&W. I have trouble gripping the damn things and pulling them down to unlock/ucatch the slide. If anyone else has had a problem with this and has come up with a solution I’d love to hear it

1 Like

@Doc Have you looked at purchasing an extended takedown sllide release? They are usually around $15.

Try Brownells… https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/frame-parts/slide-catch-parts/slide-catches/m-p-slide-stop-assembly-gen-3-prod82852.aspx

:eye: can operate my standard Glock levers fine but not with gloves on.

2 Likes

Looked. Appreciate the comeback. Evidently I am not alone after reading some things on Brownell site. Unfortunately products offered did not include the S&W SD9 VE or my Taurus GLC. I’ve considered making some sort of ‘grip’ out of some soft wood. As is I have a bitch of a time, especially on the S&W, breaking it down. Thanks again.

2 Likes

A machinist or gunsmith could probably help you.

Buy a replacement and have it added on.

Thanks for sending the models…I’ll do some searching for you.

1 Like

Here you go…apparently the Glock Extended Takedown Release also fits…:eyes::face_with_monocle::sunglasses:

DELTAC makes them for both of your pistols…:eye: think!!!

Blockquote

3 Likes

These little details always make the gun funner to shoot. Thanks for sharing the tip and links.

1 Like

Have new slider. Have not installed yet.

1 Like

on the websites, for the 2 guns is it listed as a slide release or a slide stop… not all releases are releases. some are just stops, those you grab the serrations on the slide bump back to release the lock and drop slide… Makarov is a slide stop. irritating tiny button. I modified it to turn it into a release.

3 Likes

As I said, have not installed yet. But is said to be identical to original except the length is extended slightly to make it easier to grip. I nrrd to install and see how much ‘easier’ it is to grip. Company says it is .056" longer that stock (original). It is described as an 'Extended Slidelock Lever".

Have new slider. Have not installed yet.

3 Likes

Got it. Let us know how the install goes.

1 Like

Hope it does what you need. Let us know when you can.

Did you go with Deltac?

1 Like

If they are polymer frames it would be possible to carve out some clearance around the tabs i can say i hated trying to dig into my glock slide lock/takedown tabs with my fingertips. Once i installed the extended version i was truly relieved. One downside is they can drag on your holster a bit depending on how tight the leather, or your belt are squeezing. I took a rigid buff pad to mine to knock down some of the sharpness.

1 Like

With leather holsters, I wet the holster then wrap the firearm in plastic handi wrap to keep from rusting. Then stick it in the holster to dry. It will stretch like leather shoes do ! Simple solution & easy fix.

2 Likes

Ive done that to better fit larger mods like mag release and slide release, but this couple mm wasnt even enough to push the leather, just scratched little grooves out. Might take a dremel in there to smooth em out one day.

1 Like

Got from NDZ. Another MCarbo member found it. Have yet to install. Had bought an MCarbo kit for my SCCY CPX2. Video was straight forward. But too much for my 79 year old fingers. Ended up sending it to gunsmith. Haven’t picked it up yet but it is supposed to be ready to go— for $50. I will never ever buy a SCCY pistol again. First I had to send it to them-- failure to feed. They kept it damn near a month and of course my FFL had to get involved. That cost me money. No more SCCY for me.

Doc

3 Likes