M*CARBO Brotherhood

SKS trigger spring replacement

I had a hell of a time getting the pin out to replace the trigger spring. The video shows it coming out pretty easy. Is this a problem anyone else has been having? If so beware that you definitely need the proper tools to get it out so you do not damage your rifle. It took me almost 20 minutes to drive the pin out as I was always checking to make sure each strike was on the pin and not the trigger housing. You definitely need a heavy hammer if yours is stuck like mine was. I was using a small light weight hammer at first and got nowhere. Once I got it through the first hole things went much better. I was worried that I might have bent the pin as it did not want to relocate for reassembly. I found that it takes pretty hard strike to get it back through the other side. All said and done it is amazing how much better the trigger is now. Best advice is be patient and don’t force it and it will eventually move in and out.

1 Like

@Bigkenny welcome to the forum ken

2 Likes

@Bigkenny Welcome to the Brotherhood. Don’t forget to go to the First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! thread and say Hi to everybody.

2 Likes

@Bigkenny

Welcome to the MCarbor Brotherhood, Kenny.

2 Likes

That’s the SKS for ya. The SKS was produced by most former Combloc countries plus China, Yugoslavia, Albania, North Korea, North Vietnam, East Germany and Romania. The tolerances on all of them are all over the place. Some you can push the pin out with your fingers and some you need a press.

Welcome to surplus military rifles. Also if it’s of Russian design don’t be afraid to beat on it when doing work on it.

1 Like