M*CARBO Brotherhood

Sks breech jamming

My Chinese sks has a problem with breech jamming the breech end of the barrel has a squared edge the when firing every few rounds thry get jammed anyone know how to fix it?

3 Likes

is it stone dead stock or has it been modified . magazine wise. without knowing particulars sounds like a gas issue. Chinese type 56 seem to supper from this,
due to attn to detail on manufacturers part on fitting the gas tube. real easy fix. square up the tube. Video saves me typing it all out. check this first.

3 Likes

No that is not the problem. If you open the belt and look at the barrel that end of the barrel where the round sits loaded that back end had a 90 degree angel all the way around.

2 Likes

can you get a picture of the area…

2 Likes

2 Likes

I would buff out the receiver area,looks kinda rough, what bullet are you trying to run, HP or FMJ
Is that a factory attached magazine in place.
if its this type of magazine check the bullet type your using or mod the mag

1 Like

Running FMJ and I have a few HP. The other day I went out and it jammed so bad I had to break it down and use a hammer to eject and spent shell it had a blown out shell jammed.

what kind of marks on the casings it does eject?

That was the first time that had happened but it looked like the powder went out the side of the round and fired correctly.

ok, but on normal ejection , how does the case look, are they any scoring on it. are you shooting brass or steel case…

No, normally they look good, bearly any marks that is the firsy time that happened.

clean and buff/polish your chamber face, as well as check the spring in you magazine.

Cool, well go. I’ll let you know

1 Like

I just realized the mag is american metal work. I bought the mag about 3 years ago and looks good. I will be cleaning the breech area on my off days

1 Like

got a pic of the mag.

1 Like

1 Like

thos magazines like to develop a bind and dont like FMJ, prefer the hollow tip
they will run fo a bit and start slamming. Has the tweak been done to it?

those arent factory mags. factory is 10 round fixed box magazine you load with stripper clips. those magazines shown, pro mag being the worst, cause your issue. they have to be tweaked and fitted to function correctly.
watch the 2 videos, tweak your mag, and buff out the bolt and receiver. a small buffing rig and polishing rouge. Mcarbo sells a feed ramp buffing kit.

2 Likes

Thanks for videos I will try that also. :+1:

1 Like