M*CARBO Brotherhood

Six years of installing and using NITESITERS

Nitesiters are dots, large dots and bars that glow in the dark when charged with a flashlight for a few seconds. I have installed them on my guns, police duty guns and guns of the community. I have yet to have heard a single complaint about this product.
If you want a night sight on you home or carry handgun and do want to spend less than $20 for 8 dots this may be something worth looking into. I do not install the nitesiters as the instructions states. I clean the area where the sight is to be installed being sure that all the oil is removed, then I heat the area for 15 to 30 seconds with a hair dryer. Using a toothpick I press the dot with the adhesive side down firmly into place. When the sight cools I use the same toothpick to add a small amount of clear fingernail polish to seal the dot. This protects the dot form gun oils and dirt. R S

http://nitesiters.com//s197.photobucket.com/user/rodslinger_2007/media/012-3.jpg.html][/URL]http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/rodslinger_2007/012-3.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

7 Likes

Can I use these on an S2K?

1 Like

You can put them on any smooth surface as long as it is clean. A serrated sight can be filed flat and then the dot affixed as I described. If you just want to test the Nitesiters you can fill the serrations with clear nail polish and skip the heat. The polish can be removed with acetone or your wife’s finger nail polish remover. I hope this helps. R S

2 Likes

Thank you , I;'ll give it a try i do not like the front sight on the S2K but haven’t seen exactly what I want to change it to and this would be a quick, non-permanent change.

1 Like

I am sure what ever you come up with will be good. I removed the front sight on my SK2, thinking about a silencer for the beast. R S

2 Likes

Some have recommended one from RedLion but it looked like it required quite a bit of work to install
I “heard” that S2Ks will take an AR-15 front sight but haven’t verified that either.
I am looking for something I could install myself
I saw one from someone that looked perfect BUT it only fit the Gen 1 and mine’s a Gen 2
Thanks for the help

1 Like

RS you made me have to look that word up. I thought I knew what it meant just not relating to a gun; but it does have to do with having a noticeable prominence…so yes! I can relate, having several saliences sprouting off my Sporkmunster. I’m just waiting for someone to come up more decorative, ornamental saliences like say a Mack Truck bulldog popup rear sight, or dingle balls off the mag release😂

2 Likes

If you want typos I am your guy! R S

2 Likes

You are most welcome R S

2 Likes