Sightmark Boresight.380 app

I just bought a red dot Holosun for my Glock 43x and have a Viridian laser connected to the trigger guard on my Ruger LCP Max. I figure if I purchase the Sightmark Boresight laser in .380 acp, I can kill 2 birds with one stone trying to zero in with both optics, figuring a .380 will fit in both barrels, but a 9mm will not fit in the .380. Am I correct in this assumption?
Thanks

6 Likes

That’s a good question. I believe you are correct in your assumption.

4 Likes

Technically yes 380 will fit in 9mm but not reversed. But if i was going for best results i would use bore sight for the caliber. Buy once cry once.

5 Likes

9mm is not a straight walled case. A 380 cartridge style bore sight laser will give poor results in a 9mm chamber.

I aim carefully and shoot from a rest. Then I line the pistol up to the identical aim point from the identical position on the rest. Hard part is holding the pistol still while moving the red dot to the point of impact.

Laser can be handled similarly.

4 Likes

So I have always used the ammo casing laser sights to sight in. I recently went to a slide in barrel bore sight. I got the kit on Amazon for 24 dollars and it has all calibers. It gets pretty close to zero without shooting but to get dead on you will have to hit the range. But definitely don’t try to use another size this option is inexpensive and easy to use. Plus you get multiple caliber

5 Likes