M*CARBO Brotherhood

Sig Sauer ROMEO5 Red Dot Sight

I want to get a RDS for my S2K, Found a deal on the Sig Sauer ROMEO5 for $139.95. I would obviously have to remove it to collapse it, until I order my MCARBO mount. Thoughts? Good Choice?
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Thanks Ya’ll
Lou

All Things SUB-2000!

6 Likes

yes. great option and price is reasonably good too. , add QD mount ! msgguthrie

6 Likes

Here is one for $120.00 w/Amazon Prime or $128.00 without Prime. I really like mine and bought it here.

7 Likes

That’s what I have on my Sub 2k and at 50 yards it shoots very well. It works perfect with the Mcarbo mount.

8 Likes

Went to Gander (sporting goods) after work. They didnt have any of the Sig Romeo5’s in stock, BUT they did have a Vortex Crossfire Red Dot Sight for $149.00!!
So I got that.

Think that will mount up to the MCARBO sight mount alright?
It’s about the same footprint as the ROMEO5, so Im thinking it will.
Thank you all for you kind words and advice.
Lou

3 Likes

I just installed the Romeo5 mounted on the MCARBO Optic Mount. Have the Red Lion Flip-up front sight and MCARBO peep rear sight. I was expecting to cowitness, but would need the shorter mount (included with Romeo5).

Is cowitnessing a good thing? Pro’s and Con’s?
Who has made this setup work (and how)?
Do you like the setup?

Please – your thoughts?

2 Likes

@archibaldal ,
It’s a preference thing. I have my RDS mounted high so I don’t have to have my face right against the charging tube. I tried full CW and personally I don’t like it, to much obstructing my view. Again though, to each his own…
Heres the topic I started on the same subject, maybe you can find some answers here…

3 Likes

@louie088 Just some info for you. If you call vortex, they have a shim that is supposed to fit the crossfire red dot. You might have to use a file on it to get a good fit on base of the sight itself. After I got it to fit tight it gave me a 5/32 lift to the sight. I can still co-witness, and also use the red dot only by peering aver the fixed rear sight into about the upper 40% or so of the lens. That gets me more comfortable with the bolt tube. They gave me one with the appropriate screws free under the vip warranty. Nice people. You might want to fool around with this, the price is right.

4 Likes

Just put one on my s2k fits great out of the box, just dialed it in and works great…it’s high enough to where the stock sights don’t get in the way

3 Likes

@occamurphy
Thanks for the heads up maybe Ill shoot them an email and see if they can do anything for me. Appreciate the advice.
Thanks,
-Lou

3 Likes

Are you using the Romeo-5, or the Vortex R D?

I plan on using the Romeo-5 and am not concerned with folding K T 2000.

Thanks

5 Likes

@Cpron using it with the mcarbo mount… works great

5 Likes

I tried just using my optic the S2K mount and didn’t like it cause of the peak in the on the pic rail. It caused my optic to canter to the left or right. So I just bucked up and bought the M*CARBO mount.

3 Likes

Forgive as I am new but does this mean due to it folding you have to remove and then upon using it again you have to install and rezero it again?

1 Like

@Johnny2k You can try using this. :smile:

4 Likes

Nice! What optics is this compatible with?

1 Like

@Johnny2k It should work with any optic that mounts on a Picatinny Rail .

4 Likes

I use this red dot ( bet owned company ) with my MCARBO mount. Holds zero like a champ.

Predator V3 Micro Red Dot Sight | Combat Veteran Owned Company | 45 Degree Offset Mount and Riser Mount Included | Reflex Rifle Optic With 11 Adjustable Brightness Settings | Reddot Gun Scope https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q3NXS6W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_sI7lEbZGW068W

2 Likes

Has anyone tired mounting a Romeo 5 using a Magpul M-LOK® Offset Light/Optic Mount, Aluminum? Curious if it could still close.

4 Likes

@Jager The Magpul mount is aluminum but as you can see the S2K does close with just the mount but gives no room on the one side to clamp anything on it and still close all the way.

5 Likes