M*CARBO Brotherhood

Sig Romeo 5 Problemo

I just installed the Sig Romeo5 optic on my new S2k ( loving the gun and the iron sights are now accurate :+1: BUT… the red dot shifts to the far right and even dialed all the way on the windage it still doesn’t line up with the cowitness. I’ve worked with it and can’t seem to get er stable. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks in advance

6 Likes

do you have a picture with the iron sight offset thru the romeo 5?

5 Likes

@GOBLIN Could some of this, be do to sight housing Movement in the past with Muzzle brake Timing? Just a thought it’s not a real good Pinch bolt for Securing,Just a Idea Mine Moved.

6 Likes

How do you have it mounted on the rail.
Remember those rails on the S2K are not flat.
File them down before mounting ANY THING to them
File them flat.
See tips and Tricks S2K

9 Likes

Hey by golly your right. I saw that it wasn’t flat and hoped it would b secure when tight. I’m gonna give that a shot. Pun intended :+1:

8 Likes

Thank y’all for the response… gonna try the file flat method… it just makes sense … if that doesn’t work it will b time to upgrade the mount surface part👍

6 Likes

Try lifting while you tighten before breaking out the file. The only mount I’ve tried that the lift failed was a cheap Weaver mount. I chucked the weaver and my rails are unmolested.

4 Likes

Perhaps that’s good advice but I done did it :joy:… anyway the red dot is sitting pertty on top of the front sight. I’m headed to my “ firing pen” ( named it myself) to introduce lead to iron… will see if it hold through some recoil action…I live on my Ranch in West Texas … built an area with a mound for backstop and enclosed it with cattle fencing so the stock doesn’t eat grass and lead​:+1: In the last year or 2 the 30.06 and the 9mm have taken out 5 feral hogs and 7 rattle snakes. I’m drying the most recent ( 2 weeks ago) for another hat band​:+1: Thanks much!

8 Likes

Hey all… the Sig optic fits good now and red dot is working as it should with the iron sights backing up nicely :+1: lightly filed the mounting surface and dialed it in… I shot aboit 40 rounds 30 yards then a few at 15 yards… still on target. Thanks again for the ideas and help

10 Likes

HAPPY TO HEAR !!!
Yea,some of us old timers understand.
I got rid of my polymer rail long time ago. I have some history here If you have additional problems do the forum word search for tips and tricks S2K, S2K trigger pull how low, or suggested reading for S2K.
Just FYI here is my S2K

I call it Frankenstein S2K.Just do a forum word search for Frankenstein S2K.and you will find lots of good info.

5 Likes

Thanks again for the ideas and help
[/quote]

The least expensive way to get rid of the polymer fore end is to purchase a KelTec kt420 foreend.

[quote=“Roadtested, post:9, topic:5834”]https://www.keltecweapons.com/product/sub2000-aluminum-forend-with-picatinny-rails/ ,
It takes some faneise to mount it properly on a gen 2 or gen 3 but it works great once you put you time in to figure it out. It is outlined in fore end for S2K on this forum.

GO to Best .40 ammo for S2K and see my post on May 13 or so for how well it shoots

6 Likes

Man that’s got it all! Nice carbine! Just cleaned mine up. Feels good to have clean weapons

5 Likes

Good to hear you like your romeo5’s.

IMG_1737

4 Likes

If you want an inexpensive cover for the romeo5 check these out

3 Likes

I put one of these on my gen 1 .40 S&W. It made a high improvement. Will the locking latch still work to keep it folded?

2 Likes