Sig P365 Striker Spring Install

Anyone have an easier way to install the striker spring on a Sig P365? I have old numb fingers and am having a hard time, I have done it before, but I have one that is giving me fits. I have watched the Mcarbo Videos
Thanks

3 Likes

You need three hands. One to hold striker in past safety, one to manupulate the small latch and one to thumb up the cover. That is with the newer style the old style, is slightly easier

3 Likes

Yea that’s for putting the striker assy in the slide, I am having a problem with installing the striker spring on the firing pin

3 Likes

The Sig P320 Accessibility Tool will make it much easier. It will hold the pin and sleeve in place making it easier to compress the spring and insert the cups.

Go to the 6:35 time mark and you can see the tool used…

The tool:

P320 Accessibility Tool | The Sig Armorer

6 Likes

Thanks for the info I took my regular gunsmith block (Franford Arsenal) and shimmed the one hole to make the striker fit tight in it, and made a piece of meatal to hold the spring down and was able to get the clips in.

3 Likes

You can use thin zip ties to compress the spring. You will need 2 to make sure that it compresses evenly. You can compress it almost completely, slide it over the striker, plenty of room for the 2 piece spring stops and cut the zip ties with some fine wire cutters. Delicate is the key word, but if you are gunsmithing, it’s a given. A block of some sort is a must when seating the striker spring on the Sig.

1 Like

Thanks I never thought of the zip ties, I always use a block.
I’ll try the zip ties next time if needed

I was able to hold the spring down with one of my fingers, while placing the plastic stopper…

1 Like