M*CARBO Brotherhood

Sig P320 fails again

The Canadian Special Forces removed the also popular P320 from service. The P320 discharged in the holster during training. Glocks Rocks!

2 Likes

what style holster they use?

3 Likes

There’s a little more to the story. Watch this video.

A modified P226 holster.

8 Likes

Exactly, a striker fired pistol doesn’t just “go off,” we’re not talking about a hammer fired pistol where legitimately there are things that can happen that drop the hammer without user input Also, a foreign object getting into a holster that isn’t even designed for that pistol is hardly a failing of the pistol.

4 Likes

@Chris19d that’s why I asked about tha holster.for some reason people blame the tool first.
have carried a Makarov for years, been told 100 time how it will go off if dropped and it hits the hammer. answer is always the same, “dont drop it then”

4 Likes

Carried a series 70 1911 for years, got the same BS from people who were scared to carry condition 1.

Holster choice is usually a factor in most NDs, for example the design of the SERPA holsters is so bad in that regard that it’s explicitly banned from use at a number of law enforcement agencies (including LAPD) and has been banned from use in training by FLETC (Federal Law Enforcement Training Center)

2 Likes

yep.I still carry the springfield at condition 1, and once in a while if it gets spotted you get the “your hammers back” comment… remember the whole SERPA clusterf. that was with Glock and you could let your finger drift in wasnt it?

2 Likes

yea blackhawk! had the bright idea of using your trigger finger to hold down the release button which was located in the general area of the trigger so that if you weren’t careful, had too much adrenaline going etc it’s easy to drag your finger off the button and onto the trigger and fire the weapon.

Heres a classic video of a serpa related oops

and the music video remix

5 Likes

@ and if i remember right Glock caught hell at first, and even after that people kept using the same holster and expecting the result to change… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

To be fair - my hammer-fired 1911 doesn’t “just go off” either.

2 Likes

Ive carried a series 70 1911 for years, my point is with a hammer fires system there are more things that can cause it to fire w/o user input than a striker fired system.

2 Likes

Eh. It would have to be a really old hammer fired system, like an original Colt SAA.

2 Likes

Nope, for example the 1911 design was not drop safe until the series 80 redesigned lockwork.

2 Likes

Only if dropped on the hammer with a live round in the chamber and the hammer down. It’s typically carried with the hammer back and the safety on. Even then, the half cock catches it. I used to demonstrate this with an old beaten up norinco. Bottom line is you need to beg for an accident, and do everything wrong. If you had an exceptionally weak firing pin spring, maybe you could get it to go off dropping it on the muzzle, but that’s a big if.

3 Likes

“Foreign object” = “Trigger finger” . . .

1 Like

Clothing is another common one esp when reholstering

3 Likes

Momma always said ‘stupid is as stupid does.’ Seems appropriate here !!!

3 Likes

I have been carrying (e.g. concealed & open) my SIG P228 in a Serpa holster for nearly 10 years without any SNAFU’s, accidental, nor negligent discharges of any kind. I never have to worry about my SIG falling out of the holster. The Serpa will always be my go-to holster.

The release button places the trigger finger on the frame ABOVE the trigger aperture, so that the finger is positioned on the frame instead of the trigger during & after the draw.

The Serpa has gotten bad press because of negligent, incorrect or just plain stupid operation.

3 Likes