M*CARBO Brotherhood

Sig 227 vs. Virginia LEO Handgun Course

Hi all! Here is the first installment in round two of this series. As always, be sure to let me know what you think!

Howard

7 Likes

There’s a mandatory reload in the 6 shot string at 7 yards and a mandatory reload in the 4 shots strong hand only at 7 yards. After the 6 shot string, the next string will be 4 shots support hand only. The next string will be 4 shots strong hand only with a mandatory reload. It’s important that the strings are shot support hand only first so the mandatory reload occurs during the strong hand only string. Then move to 15 yards where there is another mandatory reload during the 6 shot string. The reloads must be conducted during the string of fire and not between strings. That of course was with the old 229 with lower capacity. With the new service pistol, the strong hand only reload is gone. You are allowed to consolidate your ammo and top off between moving from 7 to 15 and 15 to 25. I’m sure each department varies and there’s no telling where you got your COF but I’m speaking from the Virginia State Police COF I’ve shot every year since 2006.

7 Likes

Thanks for the additional info. Do you use the 50-round course that I demonstrated, or the 60-round version? Also, am I correct in assuming the State Police impose a more stringent standard than the state minimum requirements? The course in the video, as I mentioned, simply reflects the minimum standard allowed by Virginia for officers to be considered “qualified” with their firearms. There is no way I could present an evaluation of every variation of every course utilized by every individual agency in the country. (although it might be fun to try if someone else was buying the ammunition!)

Howard

4 Likes

@hrfunk 50 round TQC. It’s one of the DCJS certified COF. I wouldn’t even be able to guess how our course is compared to others. Keep up the vids. It’s cool :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Yes Sir, Will do!

Howard

2 Likes

@hrfunk (Howard)

Thanks for another great video.

1 Like

You’re welcome John. Thanks for watching!

Howard

2 Likes