M*CARBO Brotherhood

Should I Be Concerned About This?

I was looking at my sub and noticed these chip marks on the back end of the barrel area. I don’t handle my sub roughly when folded and it’s always in a case. Just want to know if this is a potential issue. It does fit in the case pretty snug but as far as I see it’s not rubbing any metal when I put it in there.

8 Likes

That’s an interesting chip or whatever it is. At first I thought that it appeared like something got smashed in between when closing it.

Don’t take any info from me, one of the guys here who know them may have a different view better answer.

I personally don’t see it as an issue. As long as there are no raised areas (doesn’t appear like it does in this photo). If it has slightly raise the metal around that chip it could probably be stoned down a little to ensure it’s smoothed out.

9 Likes

It is not anything I’d be worried about. It appears to be from the bolt face coming in contact with it as the gun cycles during firing. Pretty much see it on all the S2K’s.

10 Likes

Good to know. Thanks!

6 Likes

I concur with Texprep my Gen 1 is at over 2000 round count now, its got contact mars in the face, heavy one like youve got at 6:00 hasnt affect tightness of the lock or accuracy yet.

7 Likes

Mine looks the same.
It looks like it might bleed off a little gas from the discoloration.

7 Likes

@KD086 Normal’ All’s Good, :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I can tell you that ive only fired maybe 300/400 rounds threw mine And it looks the same, if not worse. I was asking myself the same question but now I’m thinking it’s typical after reading the comments.

4 Likes

this is on my sub 2k as well, pretty sure its normal

4 Likes

I’m not seeing anything remotely scary in the pics.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure Chris mentions this pitting during his 2-hour video on the upgrades.His point was that will happen without the upgrade.

1 Like