M*CARBO Brotherhood

Shot My New 10/22 Build Today

Got my semi custom 10/22 build out to the range today. Tried out 6 different readily available ammos. I did 5 fouling shots on secondary target then 5 shot groups at primary target. No fliers and all shots were within 1/2" Worst group was with some cheap Armscor, but still respectable. Best groups were Winchester super x 40gr, cci standard velocity 40gr, and Federal Automatch 40gr. First rounds fired thru and im excited about the results. Heres some specs on the build. Brand new KSA stainless fluted 18" barrel. Hogue overmolded thumbhole stock. BX trigger group with pull set at 2.25#. Kidd mag catch and spring. Tandemkross v-block and Eagle Claw extractor. Tacticool extended mag release. Utg bi pod. Bass Pro Pursuit 3-12×40 rimfire scope on a Leupold scope mount. Bolt is factory Ruger.

8 Likes

@d.kaufman2154 At what distance were you shooting?

3 Likes

Sorry. I thought i put that in there. This was 50 yards. I fired 10 prior shots to sight scope in. This upcoming weekend i will be going for 100 yards

10 Likes

Heres a pic of her.

13 Likes

Awesome! I love my 10/22. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I have that upgraded BX trigger too, but I just bought it off the shelf. I think the pull is around 3#. I just bought it off the shelf after feeling about ten of them in the store, and dropped it in.

2 Likes

10/22 are great rifles tons of parts can make them fit anyone with a little work

4 Likes

I just installed KIDD Trigger Job Kit on my 10/22, can’t wait for the next trip to my gun range.

3 Likes

Im sure you’ll love. I really like the ruger bx trigger. I usually custom tune them to drop pull down to somewhere as close to 2# as i can. I have 4 10/22’s now and they’re all configured differently. Heres my youngest shooting hers

11 Likes

@d.kaufman2154 That is so cute Don, you should be proud. Thanks for teaching them young, guns are not scary if you are educated.

6 Likes

Thanks Dave! She has been shooting since she was 4. Started her out with a red ryder bb gun to teach her fundamentals. At 5 she got a Savage Rascal. At 6 the 10/22 pictured with her. Shes now 8 a will shoot dads 223 and 6.5 grendel ar platforms every chance she gets. She loves to shoot the ruger Mark IV 22/45 lite as well as her 410 shotgun. She loves shooting. We both help out at an event we(INGO, Indiana Gun Owners, along with Dnr) put on annually here in Northwest Indiana teaching new shooters safety and fundamentals. My daughter really enjoys helping. The event is coming up this weekend & we’re both looking forward to the event and getting new people involved in the 2a and shooting sports. This will be our 6th annual event which I’ve been a part of for 4 years and my daughter now for 2 years.

8 Likes

Ruger 10/22 is on my radar for my next gun purchase. I know it is common to start off with a .22 rifle but I guess I skipped that phase and now pretty sure I wanna have that plinker fun. :smiley:

4 Likes

@BiteYaHard I got the take down version with the little backpack and some 25 round mags - it’s tons of fun and cheap to shoot. The trigger kit for my old Marlin .22 was my introduction to MCARBO several years ago now. I also have a Ruger American .22 magnum bolt rifle that is a really sweet gun for the $ and I have a S&W M&P 22 caliber AR that is a real hoot to shoot too! Cost almost as much as a Ruger 5.56 tho….

2 Likes

@TriggerHappy I’m gonna bite the bullet and see if I can pick up the 10/22 take down at this month’s gun show. If not I will just order it online, they are pretty cheap on gunbroker.com. I already ordered some upgrades and magazines for a gun I don’t even own yet. lmao

2 Likes

Thanks man, it’s nice to know I’m not the only one who does that. :grin:
Are you into suppressors? I’m not (yet), but if I was (and I had $), I would have one of these…

2 Likes

To bad your not in Northwest Indiana. I have a 10/22 for sale. I picked up 2 in a trade and only needed the one for my project. One im selling is never fired and has a hogue overmolded stock on it

2 Likes

@TriggerHappy yeah I WILL be into suppressors as soon as they figure out the ruling on them. I have done my trust already but waiting to see if they will legalize before I waste more time and effort. I would like suppressors for each caliber I shoot if possible. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah @d.kaufman2154 I wish I was able to pick one up from you. I am looking into making some trades locally, and I may have some takers…golf clubs for guns. lmao

2 Likes

The definition of a gun addiction?

Ordering magazines, upgrades, and parts for a gun you do not even own yet! I just took advantage of the Brownell’s free shipping and $10 discount over $100 to get a Magpul X22 Backpacker takedown stock for the Ruger 10/22. They had it on sale for $89.99 which is cheaper than anything I have found online, even eBay. Then all I had to do was add an MTM ammo box which I needed anyway to get me over $100.

I need to step away from the keyboard, this addiction is stroooong! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I hear ya! I just ordered another 10 Ar pmags from Brownells cause the deal was to good to pass up. That’ll put me over 50. Lol. Something about a great deal i cant pass up!

3 Likes