M*CARBO Brotherhood

ShopRuger.com - trustworthy?

Hello,
About two weeks ago ago I placed an order with ShopRuger.com and the status is still “WillPick”

Anyone know how long they take to ship orders?

Thanks

5 Likes

My recollection is it wasn’t extremely fast. I purchased a soft bag for my Ruger PC Carbine around the holidays last year (2019). The site said they were in stock but it sat for the longest time (probably in will pick status) before it was eventually shown as picked and shipped. Maybe it was actually out of stock but their site inventory isn’t real time, I don’t know. I wouldn’t be concerned that you won’t get it, regarding the “trustworthy” bit, but if you were expecting to get it by a certain date, you might want to lower your expectations. That said, give them a call and inquire about your order number, maybe their CS can shed some light on it. Or maybe you’ll get a rubber stamp COVID excuse…

Others may have different/better experiences. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from them again, but I would assume it might not be the fastest turnaround next time.

6 Likes

I’ve bought from them before, including using a coupon after buying a PC9. It wasn’t really fast but it wasn’t terribly slow, even with the WuFlu holdups.

6 Likes

I’m guessing the holidays didn’t help expedite my order. They were probably slammed with orders.

7 Likes

Everything is delayed due to this Covid thing. Just gotta be patient. It’s run by Ruger, so it’s gotta be legit. I ordered mark 2 magazine springs, bolt extractor and extractor springs off them before for a bad jamming mark 2 that I inherited from my father. I got everything, but I can’t remember how long the shipping was. On another note, the mark 2 run flawlessly now.

8 Likes

Ordered twice from Shop Ruger…for me things came quick as they came out of Mayoden, North Carolina.
Used the 20% off coupon both times.:grin::boom::boom::boom:

3 Likes

@Buck I have had positive experiences with ShopRuger but like you noticed, there seems to be a lag between when the Order is placed and when it actually is picked and delivered to the carrier. I have always received what I ordered though.
I will also add that Ruger really stands behind their firearms and will (sometimes slowly) fix any problems. They have even provided me with replacement parts at no charge - even after I requested information on how to purchase them. Just be aware that if you modify your firearm you should keep all factory parts and reinstall them before returning the gun to Ruger. They will almost always restore the firearm to factory condition and you may or may not get back any custom parts.

4 Likes

I ordered a soft bag for PC carbine from them and shipping was fairly fast. Only problem was the clips on shoulder straps were pieces of crap. Folded metal and looked real weak. Don’t expect them to hold up to carrying the bag as back pack.

2 Likes

I never used those, use the heavy carry handles on top. The bag is quite nice and holds more stuff than I’ve ever tried putting in it. Also allows for aftermarket PCC chassis to fit in very well. Was worth the wait.

2 Likes

Which aftermarket chassis ? I bought my PCC just a few months TOO early. Been waiting to pull the trigger on one but the cost is too prohibitive right now.

1 Like

Running a bit of a hybrid on mine, a PMM forend coupled with the MI chassis with Magpul furniture. I have an MI forend (for sale) but I’m partial to the PMM, plus I hate to hide a fluted barrel. :grinning:

Other than that and a recently installed MCARBO trigger (the stock trigger was fine), she’s stock and a real peach. Probably my favorite long gun to shoot. Irons are spot on.

4 Likes

I bought the 19115 model have the full free float forend.
I had been locking at the MI but did not want to have to get the forend.
Is your stock folding ? I can’t tell from the picture, It lookd fixed at the rear of the “lower”.
Does the MAGPUL stock come with an adapter to fit that coupling at rear of :lower: ?
This is what I have now

2 Likes

You can buy just the chassis without the forend. They also make it in a folding stock model.

This should give you an idea of what your model will look like with the MI chassis…

It’s fixed. If it was folding, I’m pretty sure it would be illegal in MD. The MI looks a little different in that area at first glance, but they did the offset to maintain the same comb height as the factory stock. Site picture on the irons is unchanged. The Ruger tactical chassis raises the comb height, but that is probably okay since they do not come with iron sights. Unless my eyes get too bad, I don’t see me using a red dot on mine, the irons are sweet for me.

4 Likes

The irons are good but old eyes need the dot. I will check out MI a little closer.
I did not know I could just get lower and rear stock…

1 Like

I have issues with red dots, they don’t agree with my eyes…so hoping I don’t run into issues with the irons at some point.

3 Likes

I put a fiber front on. wish I could find one with the protective “wings”.

2 Likes

You may want to check out this thread:

And see this post:

4 Likes

:eye: have all the parts to make one…just hasn’t got to the top of my gun to-do list yet.:sunglasses::boom::boom::boom:

1 Like

Appreciate the info @JoeFridaySays. My eye issues are the result of surgery, though I suppose the effects are similar to what people suffer with astigmatism (yet a little different, not entirely sure). One eye suffers more than the other, quite a bit more actually, but the net effect is the red dots tend to be annoying to use.

Generally speaking I don’t do well with reflex style red dots. I can’t speak for holographic types as I’ve never had the opportunity to try one out. That said, I do well with prismatics, which are a bit of a compromise between a rifle scope and a red dot as they have a specific eye relief. Speaking of the actual dot, if the sight allows for intensity adjustments they can be made to work better for me, a color change (green) can help as well in certain situations.

At the moment I run a Vortex Spitfire 1x (prismatic) on my .22lr AR, and as it has both red/green and levels of intensity I can get it to work rather well, this for sacrificing unlimited eye relief. Typically the eye relief isn’t an issue but that depends on the firearm, some guns don’t allow me to get the thing back far enough to work properly.

5 Likes

I feel like the wings would need to be “skeletonized” as to offer the protection of the wings but still allow light to reach the fiber from the sides. There are some fiber optics that only allow light from directly above, I feel like they aren’t nearly as bright, depending on lighting conditions.

5 Likes