M*CARBO Brotherhood

Shooter Induced Malfunctions

Just some food for thought

Howard

8 Likes

Great video Howard, I will definitely share it around. It is hard to inform someone that’s been shooting for awhile that their malfunction is them and not the firearm. For example the KSG, you can’t just pick it up and treat it like your 870. Tried telling a friend he was “limp wristing” it and that was causing the misfeeds he was having. He did not take it very well. Long story short, very informative. Thanks for putting in the effort.

2 Likes

Did you mean “short stroking” the slide? I can’t see how someone can limpwrist a non-semi auto pump action when zero feeding action happens during the firing cycle. LOL

2 Likes

Well not really, I couldn’t quite figure how to put it. When you limp wrist a pistol and it jumps all around, ya know not a firm controlled grip. When my friend was racking a round he would move the KSG as much if not more than the foregrip. And if you do that with a KSG it can really affect the shell and it can not feed properly. The shorter the shell the more you really need to hold it firm and steady when racking the next round. He couldn’t get any of the Aguila minis to feed at all. Do ya see what I’m sayin? Have you shot a KSG? The ejection/feed chamber is pretty wide because of the dual magazine tubes. I hope I explained it a little better. There is also a video review of the KSG on Y-tube of a guy having the same problem and just bashing the heck out of the KSG and the mini shells.

I suppose at some point, shooter induced malfunctions can be related to the design ergonomics of the firearm. Even so, applying the proper technique will usually overcome the issue. Thanks for the comments everyone!

Howard

2 Likes