M*CARBO Brotherhood

September's Handgunners Target

The Sharpshooter Series is pleased to announce the target for September.

HG Divisions Target

Target submitted by @Captainjack88 and tuned/hosted for us by @chilipepper

As with the rifle Divisions, the time stamp has gone away, left the building, vacated the premises.

Five rounds for score. No bonus points in the Handgun Divisions.

In the spirit of the competition, it is encouraged all shooters fire offhand.

While we embrace and encourage both discussion and input regarding the rules, the final interpretation and scoring decisions of the Facilitator and Board of Advisors shall govern.

As always, “Good luck and good shooting!”

7 Likes

nice target, this one is going to be fun

3 Likes

You’ll note I left off the “Position” and “Support” blanks to be filled in…the assumption being all shooting would be offhand, either standing or seated but with no support other than your arm(s).

3 Likes

If this is the case … pull anything I’ve benched. I use a high density foam block and possibly sandbags to support the forend. I may take a run at prone this month but that’ll be with a bipod or tight sling.

If y’all are truly shooting unsupported … mo power.

Before I send this I should note I’m talking rifle. Quick glance suggests you may be specifically referencing hand gunning.

2 Likes

Well done fellas ! I like it

4 Likes

Correct, HG1 and HG2 handgun divisions only. If you look at the William Tell target, it has more blanks to fill in for position (prone, kneeling, bench/seated, standing) as well as support (bench bags, bipods, shooting sticks, the horse that got shot out from under you…). That said, you can shoot the HGs with support if you need or want to, only stating that it’s encouraged to shoot without.

5 Likes

What about strapped to a drone? and of course Im kidding

5 Likes

Probably a stupid question… But at what distance(s)?

2 Likes

@TexasEskimo

5 Likes

I read…

“HG2. 10 yard Centerfire”
Correct? :thinking:

And can I use my G-Sight laser trainer to save 5 rounds? :rofl:

3 Likes

Not entirely, though it might indicate a lack of reading comprehension… :grinning:

Yes. Same for rimfire. Where else can you shoot a rhino in the face at the 30 paces with handgun and live to talk about it… :grinning:

Probably not. :smirk:

4 Likes

Did I not read somewhere, going forward, that the time stamp is not mandatory any more in any category.

1 Like

Yes ya did
Happy Shooting

2 Likes

It’s 102 degrees out, this is my 3rd target and I just keep doing a flyer and this is the only .22 handgun I own.

6 Likes

Did you want a thread opened up for score? I’m seeing a score of 42.

3 Likes

@Wyo Thank you for saving me going to the range and loosing five rounds of ammo today. I will nobly concede to your score. :+1:

2 Likes

@Festus
I would like a dedicated thread for all division please
(So I don’t post in the wrong division like I have done in the past :joy:)

I’m going out at 6:00 am to shoot pistols at my buddy’s ranch tomorrow.
Again @Wyo has set the bar very high!
Nice shooting brother!

I’ll be shooting a similar wheel gun myself.

7 Likes