September William Tell Div. D 50yd Open results

Division D 50yd Open targets post here.

2 Likes

AP-15
1-6x24 Vortex Strike Eagle
Federal Am. Eagle .223 55gr FMJ

7 Likes

Lee Enfield #4 MK 1 .303
I tinkered with this rear sight. This was my second set of five.

7 Likes

Here is my target post for myself (Moosecall) and James will follow in a separate post below so that the targets can be zoomed.
I just pick up this 1950 Russian SKS (matching numbers). We fired a few targets, I shoot left handed, James shoots right handed, so we figured it out quick enough that the front iron sight was off the mark and shooting one apple to the right… So we compensated one apple to the left and we started hitting the target.
So here are are the results, 7.62 x 39 NORIMCO Chinese ammunition, steel sights, sitting on an inverted plastic pail the rifle supported with a camera tripod, outdoor, accurately measured 50 yards. The bayonet was not deployed and I assured the rifle was shot behind the 50 yd mark.
As usual never do that well but it was a lot of fun until we got rained out!

7 Likes

Here is James target. I’ll get the sighting tool so that I can adjust the front sight.
Cheers,

8 Likes

That’s the main point, I think.

6 Likes

Seriously
That’s a cool range✌️

5 Likes

It certainly works and I’d trade an inverted 5 gallon pail for the chairs at my home range, most of them are old public school desk chairs missing at least one foot and rock back and forth unless you sit off to the lowest corner… :grinning:

6 Likes

@chilipepper [quote=“chilipepper, post:8, topic:11146”]
old public school desk chairs missing at least one foot and rock back and forth unless you sit off to the lowest corner
[/quote]

Agree
Have been shooting pistols at a buddy’s farm about 30 minutes away. He has 130 acres. Raises Beefmaster cattle.
Nice to shoot at a home range.
Looking forward to retirement and completing the range in Arkansas at my pop’s 180 acres, where I’m heading.

6 Likes

Thanks…It’s simple and quick to set up and tear down, still gets the job done. We clean everything up afterwards except the target frame which has recently caught the attention of others who vented it with a 12 gauge . As always I did a sweep to collect their garbage and spent casings. They also decided to shoot up some computer parts and a car door and gas tank, what’s with that. I used rocks to mark of the 25 and 50 yard mark to stay as inconspicuous as possible. However I can talk all day about that and I don’t want to clutter up this dedicated target posting location that @Festus set up.
Cheers,

5 Likes

I hate to sound like I’m complaining, I’m not. The range I go to is very affordable and run by some really nice folks. Plus there’s lots of benches and distances available. But while the rifle benches are durable (concrete slabs on CMU) they are not very ergonomic and those chairs will make you sea sick if you get a really bad one…

5 Likes

Division D 50yd Open
Marlin 336, .30-30
Nikon Scope
Hand loaded ammo
Sitting/sandbags
Score 42

6 Likes