M*CARBO Brotherhood

Self Reliance In A Modern Age

There was a dealer in the town near by who was selling meth amphetamine to 12 year olds one of these kids was the child of a local farming family.
Three brothers managed to see the bloke selling the drugs fall out of a tree and he broke his arms and legs he must have been really high at the time. He got airlifted to hospital and when he got out was told to leave town by the local cop which he did. I think we need zero tolerance laws for drug dealers especially those who target kids

say no to drugs these day i think should be taught that from as early age possible ,right after mama and papa

The drugs are literally destroying the younger generation they are frying their brains it has really become a big problem in the last 5 to 10 years I think the laws just need to be tougher people who get caught selling need to get extremely lengthy jail time I’m not saying to go as far as they have in the Philippines but there problem is slowly going away

I think every school needs their own @Johnksg seriously - I think I have conveyed on here elsewhere that I work as a maintenance/custodian at our local JR./SR. High School and you seem to be on a level with the kids that I just don’t see in our SD at all. I actually heard the principle state that disciplining the students stresses them out and they don’t learn as well - HUH??? We are now an “International Baccalaureate” school (??) Looks like a bunch of globalist “New World Order” to me. Any advice on just gettin’ the little buggers to use the damn garbage can? They will sit in a group waitin’ for practice to start havin’ snacks right next to a garbage can and their trash will be all over the furniture and the floor and everywhere but the damn garbage can lol Some of the things they do sure are aggravating sometimes but it’s impossible not to love little brats and it’s really awesome watching them grow up. Kids of my own never quite happened for me but now I got 350 to pick up after lol…

In this statement I feel the frustration, and sense of inadequacy to do something more, that you feel.
To that I say this. “A few good years” was not “all” you could give them. Some “good years” IS what you gave them.

In the case of the young man that beat the odds, only to be unjustly taken, I suggest this.
First, that in the time he was given, his life had someone that gave inspiration. Someone to be proud of him and to have aspirations of being like them.
Second, that his choice to help others in turn, gave his life purpose and meaning. Who he was and what he did stood for something, and he lived that life in the pursuit of something better, not only for himself but for others as well.

@TriggerHappy Janitors are unsung heroes in our schools! At every school I know the janitors by name and we are friends. I teach students to respect work, especially the importance of “dirty jobs” in our society!

Here is what I do at the school I volunteer at currently. I have a “special table” in the back of the cafeteria. Those kids get first in line privledges, board games, and an extra 5 minutes for recess. In exchange they help clean up the cafeteria.

To be selected for this special group they must be recommended by the janitor!

It creates a competition amongst the students to keep their tables clean!:grin:

P.S. I also play the “old crusty Marine Sgt. role” and send kids back to clean up their “damn mess” usually accompanied by a rant about their social and genetic shortcomings that make them laugh! Kids actually beg me to do the rant!
(Wouldn’t recommend that though as could get someone fired!)

@jeffing65 thank you again for the kind words! Yes there was a lot of frustration in my posts.

I wish I could turn back the clock to a time when teachers were men and women of honor and not petty bureaucrats, when society was based upon the family, and before the government tried to “fix the problem” and only made it so much worse!

But most of all I yearn for the days before common sense, logic, and the idea of challenging students left our schools as “feelings” and “political correctness” took over.

i still remember the WW2 and Korean vets that taught me in high school. They were fantastic teachers and would not have lasted a week in school today!

im off now for weekend i be out hunting all day tomorrow and all day sunday and iwill let you guys know how i got on on monday i will bring my bits and pieces with me in case of emergencies …have a good weekend everyone

@hunter1916 Enjoy your hunting trip, let someone know where you are going, and share with us when you get back brother!:grin:

Unless things have changed, it’s taught plenty here in the states. I heard it constantly back in the '70s-'80s in elementary, middle and high school. Stuff like “Get High on Life, not Drugs” posters everywhere, taught in health classes, school assemblies, etc.

@Wedge I think what has changed more than anything is the belief system of those who teach in our schools…

I remember Bob Pettish, my shop teacher, he would stand outside the door smoking his cigarettes, would hollar at us, called us names, cuss like a marine, and was known to throw a wrench or two!

Back then there were no intervention programs for “at-risk” kids…just Bob!

My school day consisted of woodshop, autoshop, metal shop, body shop, and drafting…all with Mr. Pettish. He turned obnoxious boys into men.

And for those rough around the edges boys like myself, well we were pretty sure Bob hadn’t killed any students, but we were NOT absolutely sure! So we treated him with respect!

Mr. Pettish would bring in an old truck or car,have a boy work on it all year. We would pull the dents, fix the engine, paint it and restore it. And when the project was finished he would give that kid the keys! (Thats how I got my 59 Ford truck).

Bob was a Korean war vet, and one of the reasons I joined the marines. He was a man who could not teach today, but I am grateful that he was my teacher. He kept me in school and played a big part in my life.

He taught all of us to be self reliant, patience, how to fix things, and the value of a dollar.

We need more Mr. Pettish’s in our schools!

I had a woodshop teacher like that, too. Mr. Veit. Former Marine, Korean war vet, etc. He was a hardass. :+1:

@Wedge did you progress past the “spice shelf” to the “gun cabinet” project with Mr. Veit? Lol.

One time I was screwing around with the bandsaw and Mr. Pettish smacked me so hard in the back of my head I saw stars!

But I still have all of my fingers.

No, we didn’t get to make anything cool like that. LOL

Having Worked for Parks&Rec for 14 years’ Maintaining 6 Ball Fields and 10 Restrooms in my Daily Area Wide Route’ I would be a Rich Man for every (Bio Hazard Emergency Call) I got for One or Two a day for a ‘‘Poop Fest’’ or Finger Painting 101 or Much more Let’s plug the hole with A 6 inch Alder Limb and Really Have fun. :flushed:
Advise on getting them little Buggers to Even Attempt to hit the Can’ Ain’t Gonna Happen,Without the Proper Discipline on the Home Front.:thinking:

@DivaMarie Yeah my VFW post does highway cleanup and some of the things we have to pick up…shudder!

I always tell my young son that he has, "an old fashioned spanking daddy and NOT one of those new fangled time out daddies!"

And you know what? He is a pretty good kid! Says please and thank you and addresses adults in the proper manner.

People always think he was raised in the South because of his manners! :grin:

Spanking ! You Know and I Know it did not Hurt Any of Us (Old Farts) in Our Upbringings or Our Kids !!:sunglasses:
I’ve always Address my up management As Sir’ Whether they were Younger or Not ’
Along with A FIRM & REAL Hand Shake !! Nothing ‘’ Pisses Me Off Worse’’ Than a Introduction With A (Wet Noddle) for a Hand Shake. :smile:

@DivaMarie You are absolutely right when you state that self reliance and respect start at home and how a child is brought up!

I agree with you about weak handshakes and will add in “worthless praise.” No participation trophies in my family!

Two weeks ago my son got off the bus and told me he punched a kid in the face and made him cry. As soon as we got home I called his principle Mr. H and put my boy on the phone (dad ain’t gonna solve every problem!)

Turns out the other kid was two grades older than Liam, had smacked him in the back of the head and my son whipped around and clobbered him! (This boy is also a transient, his family moves every two weeks from one state camp ground to the other.)

I have made it clear to my son that if he is ever a bully that I will “whip the wolf out of him!” But at the same time I do not expect him to be somebody’s punching bag! He can defend himself, or those smaller and weaker than him, and if the school suspends him for that it will be " ice cream and video games" as far as dad is concerned…as long as he is in the right! (You gotta set clear ROE!)

The principal knows my beliefs…talked to the other boy. Now that kids sits with my son and I at lunch and we are teaching him how to play checkers!:grin:

@DivaMarie Yup - I can definitely relate lol The brown finger painting was something I really didn’t expect when I took my job. We got a really awesome new machine last year that is for hands free bathroom cleaning (well almost) low pressure detergent application, high pressure rinse, and wet vac. You can even hook a hose up the exhaust outlet and blow dry the seats for the little darlin’s. None of the poop, piss, puke, blood or whatever bothers me in the least but for some reason it’s the them boogs smeared on the wall that will make me gag sometimes… and it’s usually on the girls side!? Good grief look where I have taken this discussion now lol

@DivaMarie @TriggerHappy our school janitor tells similar stories…usually when I am eating lunch!:scream: