M*CARBO Brotherhood

Self Reliance In A Modern Age

LOL right. haven’t stepped outside to listen for the coyotes here.

I always carry a machete, folding shovel and some way to start s fire in my vehicle. Plus always carry a firearm and extra ammo. Grew up helping my dad build and remodel houses. Current job is a welder building aluminum boats. I’m pretty confident that I can rely on my self to fix and solve anything that comes my way.

You would be correct sir! Funny that was a quick pic I took of the screensaver on my computer monitor.:grin:

@aadavis94 what kind of machete do you carry? I went so through many of them until I discovered the Kershaw camp series! I love the camp 18 for serious brush clearing work and the camp14 works great strapped to a pack.:+1:

@TriggerHappy Welcome to my World in AK They Certainly do not like Inverted Air’
I want my old Vermont back Now! POS EPA Approved with Cat etc etc .:-1:

@DivaMarie on my old farm we have a home-made hot water heater using copper tubing, a 55-gallon drum, and an ancient Franklin stove.:grin:

Has worked like a charm for almost 50 years now! :+1:

We also cook on the wood stoves flat-top.

I will never sell, and so it will never be replaced due to EPA regs.

@Johnksg We Had a Wood Furnace in basement of farm in Washington,It was a wood eater!:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: All through high school it was my job to feed it’
I’ve built a lot of the 55 gallon wood stove conversions that the old Mother Earth catalog used to sell Further North in the Interior,for Friends.
The main problem here is living so close to the Lemon Creek Glacier! The Air Inversion
is Horrible!

@johnksg This is the one I use. Works great when I’m camping for gathering firewood and clearing brush. I don’t even bother bringing a hatchet with me anymore.

@aadavis94 Agreed, a machete is good to have. I like the knuckle guard on this one from Ontario Knife.

Some of my favorite tools for outdoor cutting jobs!

The Fiskars is my favorite hatchet for getting serious work done. Always have one with me when I am doing some logging, to pound wedges.

The gerber isn’t bad though and I like the sawblade in the handle!

Good tool for clearing BlackBerry vines! (You can see just a bit of shiney on the sweet spot)

My favorite blade attached to a backpack for clearing trails!

Cutlass design/shape works really well. :hugs:

And then is what I call my “all arounder” does every job pretty well, has some heft to it.

The fact that all of these blades are years old and have seen some pretty hard use, yet still look practically new is a testiment to Kershaw! I keep em sharp with a few strokes of the carbide, and they hold an edge. I have never had one fold an edge or fracture, and I like the sheathes that they come with.:grin::+1:

now yer talkin bout some of my favorite things…
made for my hand by Paul Moore hangs in a baldric rig

Paul%20Moore%20Green%20Goblin%20009%202M
smilidon by wander tactical

winkler CA

axe and flint knife i knapped. axe i made from a ball peen…

my favorite machete… B
Barteaux and sons sawback 16" im a flat out steel addict with a bad axe habit…

@Johnksg

Wow! That is really sad!

Talk about misplaced priorities!

So, the vegetation around the house is more important than the house and the people living in it?

@GOBLIN I’ve been wanting to make a flint knife like that. I’ve never done any knapping before… other than the kind that’s horizontal on the couch that is :grin: And :+1: for the Arrogant Bastard…

@TriggerHappy find you some “chert” and practice brother, my grandfather taught me when i was just a tadpole, as years passed, I almost forgot how to do it, but started doing it again so i could teach girlchild.

work on larger pieces knives, spear points in chert (flint), before you move to thinner arrowheads.
Obsidian is still difficult for me, (volcanic glass) but im getting there. saving a piece of “snowflake obsidian” for a 6" piece, but im going to work a bit more obsidian before i tackle it. dont want to waste it…

@goblin Thats a great selection. I love the stone tools. Been collecting them my whole life.

@TriggerHappy This a great book on flintknapping. I could send you some raw pieces of Idaho obsidian to work with.
WARNING!! wear GOOD eye protection. And gloves.

I wish someone made a slightly larger one of these , a Farson Tool. lil bit larger, for bigger hands, set of flat scales, excellent possibilities. gret for meat prep, hide scraping ect. as is, just need a lil more room for my hand.

@GOBLIN That is cool! I have never seen one of those apparently. At least that I recall.

@jeffing65 www.fremontknives.com here ya go brother. 3 more hours for i get thanks again…

@GOBLIN thanks Buck, thats awesome.