M*CARBO Brotherhood

Self Reliance In A Modern Age

Thanks or the Reply’ :+1: Yes it was a real (Bit**) When they Let the Marine Operator Get 86’d It was a Nice Relay System to Call Home or Whatever When Your Ass is Hanging @ Anchor Somewhere Waiting for the (8&6 ft Sea’s) and 40 knot Winds to lay the (H*LL down!) And to Assure the Old Wives! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: So they Don’t call the Coast Guard to Do a Meet and Greet !! Before Your first cup of Coffee in the AM ! With a Hang Over!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: (Due to Their Silly Way of Worrying !)
And Yes it is the FM/GMRS Band.
I Gave The Gov Their $50.00 for A VHF Usage Permit ! WAP 8495 Then they decided We all didn’t have to Have One!. A week after I got mine! No they didn’t give Me a Refund’:rofl:

@DivaMarie Well that’s mighty fine of them isn’t it? Is there a relay/repeater system for the fm/gmrs there or are they just used as is?
I used to talk skip on 38lsb with a station in Glennallen, AK on occasion
. I’m looking at google map. Not sure where you are exactly.

@jeffing65 As Far as Location’ Look for the (5) Cruise Ships @ the Piers Down Town and all the Lookie Lou’s @ the T Shirt Shops! and Diamonds Are Us !:rofl: Oh That’s Right they Have all Left for the Season.! Juneau The Capitol.
There is The Fed Building Down Town with a Big Antenna, :thinking: I Feel Stupid Now.
As Far as a Radio? Ideas, Thanks again for the Help.

I have been thinking of putting in a rainwater collection system. Seems like I can pull off of the gutters and run the toilets and have water for the wife’s garden pretty easily.

Has anyone done something similar?

@DivaMarie As for radios, the sky is the limit, along with cost. I’m talking with Radio Tech buddy now about some other equip. Going to run it by him.

@Johnksg check your local laws the government doesn’t like people being self sustainable. You know?, They technically own the rain

@Flogrown really? I hope your joking right? I was just gonna run 4-5 100gallon barrels of a gravity system for the house and garden. :astonished:

@Johnksg I’m serious as a heart attack brother. There are places that restrict the amount of water you collect. Don’t get me started we’ll be here all night

http://www.ncsl.org/research/environment-and-natural-resources/rainwater-harvesting.aspx
Didn’t read through it but hopefully you’re good

@Johnksg I have always suggested that idea in the past and have never gotten the enthusiastic reaction I would expect.
I think it’s an A+ idea. The benefits are many. It reduces power consumption and wear on well pumps etc. and a reserve in case of no power for well pumps or drought conditions.
If done right it can place a storage barrel or ? in multiple accessible positions around a structure or property for irrigation and most importantly fire suppression.
Just some of the uses I can think of off hand. Toilets/bathtub/washing machine, lawn/gardens/trees, cooking/drinking water (human/animals), washing dogs/boots/cars/eguip., dust abatement, fire suppression.

@Flogrown
@Johnksg

Yeah!! That’s no s#*t!! Some places have ordinances prohibiting water collection.

@jeffing65 @Flogrown well I hope the central Oregon coast isn’t one of them!

Kinda used to living in the rural unincorporated areas, never even occurred to me to ask for permission!

@Johnksg Shouldn’t have to do that in my opinion

Kinda reminds me of an invention my dad had to drop a submersible pump into a swimming pool to run roof mounted sprinklers in Southern California for fire suppression.

State shut him down right quick because chlorine would kill the vegetation?!

Just think about that for a moment…let it fully sink in…

I have heard of a way,:partying_face: but brother you will have to call me to get the details…

@GOBLIN are you talkin to me? :confused:

yep dang it forgot the @Johnksg CRS kickin in

@GOBLIN oh I have it pretty well worked out in my head. Used to run two wells and a 5,000 gallon water tank on my farm. Have done plumbing work on house renovations. Gonna go with a gravity system and cleanouts.

It just never occured to me that now that I live in town I may have to ask for permission to use the rainwater running down my gutters!!!

This is what California is dealing with and they were worried about chlorine killing the grass?!

@Johnksg Ya and that’s just the fire department imagine the genious ideas being spread around the capital building