M*CARBO Brotherhood

Seeking long relationship with Bullpup

I have been considering a bullpup and like the looks of the Kel Tec RFB 24" barrel. Has anyone here ever worked with one? I know the Tavor has a good reputation, but I want to keep it American :us: What are your experiences?

4 Likes

@Gatekeeper Bullpups break down to a matter of taste, personally I would like a STEYR AUG but a early one with the lolliepop sighting system.
saying that look at the MDR from Desert Tech,or the SRS bolt action Bullpup sniper rifle.

https://deserttech.com/index.php

STEYER AUG/A3 M1 is made in USA

made in UTAH. they are functional and well made. they are not cheap(DESERT TECH)

2 Likes

So I own a tavor SAR, bull pups are cool but to be honest I prefer my ARs for anything serious. I have a few thousand rounds on my Tavor, it’s a solid gun and has been reliable but the manual of arms still feels abit awkward to me and I’m slower with with the tavor than an AR. Having your head directly over the chamber means you end up breathing g and getting alot more gas in your eyes which can be annoying. Also even after a few thousand rounds I still find it difficult to tell the condition of the rifle and where the bolt is (ie locked back on an empty mag, in battery, some kind of malfunction etc) compared to an AR

5 Likes

If I get my choice, my next rifle caliber Bullpup will be the K&M Arms.

https://www.kmarms.com/

IMO - just the right mix of innovation, durability and attitude.

I like the RFB for its price point as a Bullpup. But it leaves some important problems unsolved and it’s not the best looker. I’d love to see Kel Tec put it in a stock similar to the RDB C (or survival) stock. And I’d love to see the guy that fixed the RDB’s fugly build an Irish stock for it too.

3 Likes

I have 1, well pick it up in December, match to the 5/7, PS90 FNH

2 Likes

Looked at the MDR. I like it! It has all the things I was looking for forward ejection, .308Win, about 26" length. A bit pricey. But it’s a bit pricey. More than twice the price of a RFB on Gun Broker. Sadly there aren’t any ranges around here that I can find to rent either.

2 Likes

@Chris19d That is not something that I had considered. Thank you for that insight.

3 Likes

Let me know what you think once you have it in your hands. I am torn between the price point of the and attractiveness of the 24" barrel Kel Tec RFB vs. the badass-ness and feature rich of the Dessert Tech MDR 16". Being able to swap between .308 and .556 is appealing.

4 Likes

Bullpup-Forum

4 Likes

Thank you. I am checking it out. Interesting.

2 Likes