M*CARBO Brotherhood

Secret Storage Places

I have mine on the side. It collected some bunnies. My solution was I folded freezer paper (it’s wax covered and white) it is now more out of site. And stays clean and dry from any spills from the top of fridge. Hope this helps.

7 Likes

I’m thinking of making a hidden storage in my trunk for my sub2k and one handgun. I have a plan that will incorporate factory trunk rug, will only lose about 1.5" of trunk depth and still have access to spare tire.

6 Likes

@JAKHershey That sounds interesting. Please take photos of the entire project and not just the end result then share them with us. Include any screw-ups so we can learn from them - you will be in good company. :grinning:

5 Likes

Well of all the stupid things to happen!! Jump in the ol’ Vamoosh the other night to drive home from work, start her up, shift it in R… and ripped the gat dang shifter off like some Goriller!! Don’t know my own strength or what…?? Really it just came apart in my hand.

One of the hotel engineers got me home that night by disassembling the mess, exposing the shift cable, and I’m still driving it by manually sliding the cable in and out while waiting for the replacement part.

Meantime, the wheels are turning…forget the replacement part, that’s a sweet compartment there big enough for any gun I got. Not quite a S2k, but dummy up the shifter and trim, hinge it for quick release. (Oh, and figger a way to shift her!:roll_eyes:)

Just a thought. But a nice one. Part arrives tomorrow…

8 Likes

If that’s the case, just be careful if you, uh, go touching yourself…don’t wanna rip that off, now do we? :rofl:

8 Likes

Haha! That could only happen if I like had a major seizure behind the bush somewhere, but then that would be the least of my worries.:flushed:

7 Likes

@Boomchucker That Hulk-Handed lack of finesse may explain your difficulty with modifying your S2K as well. “Hulk make spring go fly!” :smiling_imp:

8 Likes

Err. Yea. Might s’plain my MCARBO handle, as well as my general interest in objects which go Boom Crack Bang Chuck Pew Ding etc.:blush:

7 Likes

@Boomchucker drove a Dodge superbee for about 6 months with a set of vicegrips for a shifter(saving for a hurst shifter at that time, was the second factory one i broke) that was special

10 Likes

What size magnet and how is it mounted?

4 Likes

@Rooster64 I used this magnet (comes in a 2 pack) with wood screws to a joist above and to the left. Open door reach hand in and up over door on inside wall that door is hung.

10 Likes

I have an assortment of books in most rooms of the house. Several are fake but hold a firearm in each. I like the idea of the magnet above the door inside a closet for the bathroom. I have a stainless 4” 1911 that would be perfect for that spot. Being stainless will also help with the bathroom moisture.

8 Likes
12 Likes

If I told you, it wouldn’t be a SECRET now would it.

10 Likes

@Whitehammer

That is so cool!

7 Likes

Way cool, here’s the builders site.Alexa cabinet

6 Likes

WOW more than I expected it to be

6 Likes

This is what I am finishing up. Now I just have to finish the hidden door in the wall. Next is a couple picture and/or mirror hidding spots for pistols. I have way to much time on my hands at the moment. Lol

10 Likes

@Shanedog That is awesome! I am considering something similar for the alcove behind my TV. A huge space became available when I replaced the CRT with a flat screen. Have to work out logistics and hinges for the TV to raise like a garage door.

9 Likes

Thanks! That sounds awesome! Would love to see that. I’ve been playing with remote open ideas, but haven’t nailed anything down yet. Future project… let us know how that works out for ya.

8 Likes