Screw Torque Summary?

Does anyone have (or can point me to) a summary of the torque specs for the various screws on the sub2k? After doing the full internal upgrade, I’ve decided I might as well get all the screws torqued correctly as well.

3 Likes

I hope someone can answer you but I have not seen that data.

3 Likes

Bosch makes a little blue reference that includes torques for anything figured according to size, pitch and materials.

Sub 2k comes full of aluminum - LOW torques. And since plastic deforms easily, these low torques are appropriate.

4 Likes

I understand that. My question is: what constitutes “low?” And what would those torques be after I upgrade to the improved internal parts?

2 Likes

Kel Tec hasn’t published theirs from everything I’ve seen.

1:10:00 mark shows/discusses what your talking about I believe…

3 Likes

Technically speaking… Hand tight plus a 1/16th of snug ( a.k.a ooomph).
Havent seen the torque specs, but with the metal grip spacers, and a dab of blue loctite, that should do ya.

4 Likes

1 - 4 in/lbs. My guess would be that with aluminum and plastic threads torque values don’t matter as long as you don’t over tighten the screws. Plastic and aluminum threaded pieces almost always won’t have torque specs unless there’s a steel insert due to the fact that plastic and aluminum almost never torque the same way twice due to the material shifting under mechanical load. There are exceptions of course, but usually for small screws, etc, the torque spec is “don’t over-tighten”.

4 Likes

Wheeler has a chart on their the torque screw driver packaging that goess off of screw size. I threw it out immediately after buying mine :sweat_smile:

1 Like