Savage Axis MCARBO

Just installed the MCARBO 2.5 pound spring on my Savage Axis .308 and am now having safety issues.
Won’t fully engage, and when I barely backed out the safety screw if would fire when moved from safe to fire.

Any suggestions?

4 Likes

Welcome
Put everything back stock, see if issue goes away. Then try carefully to reassemble with new spring.

3 Likes

So I adjusted the safety screw out and the safety switch moved like it should, however at certain times moving the safety to fire it would fire. I moved the screw back and the misfire went away, and the safety won’t engage, which was the original problem. Only thing that changed was the spring, spring screw, and the side shims.

3 Likes

Is there a difference in the thickness of the two sets of shims?

3 Likes

The shims are placed on the side of the trigger to take out the side to side play of the trigger itself. I wouldn’t think it would affect the safety.

3 Likes

@no127 Welcome to the brotherhood.

I didn’t find anything on your specific issue, but if you use the search and enter “savage axis” and “savage axis safety”, you will find some related threads.

When you have a moment, say hello and introduce yourself to everyone here.

https://forum.mcarbo.com/t/first-post-here-introduce-yourself

Also, I will move your post to the rifle category, where you will no doubt receive further assistance.

And again, welcome to the forum.

3 Likes