M*CARBO Brotherhood

S2K - Livin' High On The Hog?

Fed.goobermint thinks they are. LOL

"The National Feral Swine Damage Management Program, within the USDA’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service’s Wildlife Services (WS) program, has unleashed detector dogs as a new tool to help stop the spread of feral swine, one of the United States’ most destructive and ravenous invasive creatures. "

https://www.invasivespeciesinfo.gov/animals/wildboar.shtml

2 Likes

Don’t state Illinois also has an invasive species of pigs deal with but refused to treat as other states want study it first

1 Like

the state might ignore the issue but the local farmers don’t. My brother goes to pig hunts all the time on private land. the farmers aren’t waiting for the state to take action otherwise there won’t be any farms left. Here is a good example of how the Illinois state Agriculture dept takes care of problems. This fish showed up 20 years ago and the state did a study on them well it took so long that the fish took over the lower half of the Illinois river and when you boat on it it’s at your own risk. carp

3 Likes

Are those asian carp? I’ve seen some wild videos with those jumping in peoples’ boats and even smacking them in the face when they’re boating at speed. People playing carp “baseball” with bats. Thwop! Crazy.

2 Likes

They had one confirmed death from Asian carp one jump up and hit a water skier on head died a few days later from head injury Asian carp Head of fish is all bone

2 Likes

there are videos of skeet shooting the dam fish

2 Likes

Ah yes it was a classic video ! I learned that Pigs Can Fly !:grin:

2 Likes

Are members of the Pig family here in SE AK’ Think Tannerite would Really piss her off! Let alone Fish & Game’ Has No sense of Humor’

7 Likes

I wouldn’t want to find out

Shot many a pig with a Star BM 9MM and a Glock 17. Hunt them over buried sour corn from a tripod at 5 to 10 yards. Pop them in the head with FMJ or HP. Good practice for pistol shooting and good BBQ when the hunt is over. Haven’t used my S2K yet, but plan to as soon as I get my trigger kit installed.

7 Likes

Haven’t outright hunted any yet but have come across them in this ole swampy state and in Texas, and so far Winchester NATO has done me well. Mind you these aren’t monsters but usually medium to small traveling along the road or tree line.

3 Likes

I look forward to trying it soon. Moving back to Texas this next year. Really miss hunting hogs!

5 Likes

would it be possible to get one of these to ireland

2 Likes

U R a BAD MAN! You would probably train them?

2 Likes

more likely to eat them pig and venison burgers sounds tasty

3 Likes