M*CARBO Brotherhood

S2k Grip Covers: What Are You Using?

All Things SUB-2000!

Hi everyone. Was interested to find out who uses grip covers and what you are using. Not too concerned with cushioning really, as my hands are just fine with shooting. What I really like is finger grooves. My hands are smallish and the grooves help maintain a good grip. Think Glock Gen 3, they are the only Glocks I own because the grooves are perfect for my shooting hand.

Post up what you run, pictures or links would be awesome. TIA

JB

4 Likes

@JBoz_7even Hogue and Pachmayr make model specific and universal grip sleeves with finger grooves. The Hogue is a firmer rubber and can be tough to install, warm the sleeve up with a hair dryer or hot water to help make it easier…but it stays put. Pachmayr is a soft rubber.

4 Likes

@dave67 I’m pretty sure there’s a universal Hogue sleeve under my tree right now :+1:t2:

5 Likes

@Kona How would you know, did you go snooping?..wait, Santa hasn’t come yet.:thinking:

4 Likes

@dave67 I’m a professional gift guesser. Hahaha

4 Likes

Kel-tec Sub 2000 Sub2K Gen 2 Glock 19/23 Magazine Model Textured Rubber Grip Wrap
by CDS Tactical Products

1 Like

Using the Hogue Universal grip cover👍

9 Likes

@JBoz_7even Have o.d.green Hogue universal cover to match sub. Easy to install but PITA to remove. Had to have something to cover up that slick-a$$ plastic grip.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the quick replies.

@Boomchucker I really like the cover you have on your S2K grip. That is exactly what I am looking for. Do you recall what size you bought? I will probably be ordering one off the internet and they do not always give the best descriptions. Maybe I can find an OD like @Don68 has to match mine too.

2 Likes

It’s the Hogue Universal size, 10 bucks eBay, free shipping.

4 Likes

@Boomchucker Thanks!

3 Likes

houge here as well.

6 Likes

@Kona Now that’s funny,Hopefully that be (2) under the tree’

4 Likes

@Boomchucker you know every time you post a pic of a S&W revolver I think to myself, “this guy is alright…for a drummer!” :grin::+1:

2 Likes

Hogue, with a slight cut to make it fit right.

3 Likes

I have Hogue grips on all my revolvers, S&W in .38, 357, and 44 mag. Also on my AR-15 and AK47. Have the grip sleeves on my Glocks and now on my Sub2K. They do help with recoil, especially on the higher powered handguns. Like the feel and texture on them and the finger grooves give me a consistent grip.

4 Likes

10 Likes

@Kona He be sayin, “that new Hogue grip look like something I can chew on”.

6 Likes

FYI…was just on the Talon Grips web site and for anyone that wants a little better grip on the Sub-2000 but maybe wants something slimmer than a grip sleeve or maybe something without finger grooves then Talon Grips sells a grip for the Sub-2000 (looks like you would have to punch a hole for the grip screws). I just installed their grip (black rubber) on my G42, it adds much better grip and just a tad more girth to the grip…really a nice product.

7 Likes

I put a Talon Grip on mine after I switched out all the internals with MCARBO parts. Guess I’ll have to buy another one if any more parts come out :smirk:

3 Likes