M*CARBO Brotherhood

S2k bolt blocked hard charging

Hello everyone! This is long range. New to the forum. Just purchased a brand new sub 2000. I purchased the M carbo pro kit. Installed said kit according to videos. Having trouble getting the bolts to go back in to the tube even using the little dowel that was supplied. I could not get the hammer to go all the way back to allow the boat to slide past it. Totally dismantled and was able to. I tried again and same result. Is there a trick to having the hammer go all the way back so the bolt can slide forward. And once it does it is now very hard to chamber around it feels like the bolt is catching on the hammer. What have I done wrong?

3 Likes

I’ve found that to start you rack the charge handle & release it, put on safe and disassemble as needed and when you put back together u just use charge handle with a little force to carry the bolt over the hump.I’ve done it a dozen times. That whole dowel thing is unnecessary.

5 Likes

Hay brother thanks for the tip. I did as you say. Would still not jump over the hammer. Had to disassemble yet again. I think I made a bad purchase. I have not even fired the gun and I’m ready to canal the sob… im 700 into this piece and not a happy camper. The cocking seems to be held up by the hammer. Hard as hell to cock. I don’t remember it being so difficult to chamber. Here is my question. Since I put the mcarbo into the piece. Will that void my warranty?

4 Likes

Don’t give up yet because the first time was the same for me. I am a carpenter so I had a 3/8" dowel but found it best to sand it down a bit thinner to provide a little slop to press the hammer down.Between that and the bad sight picture with the factory sights I hated shooting the gun. I decided to install the optic mount & Romeo 5 to see if i liked it enough to keep. Now I like it alot and it’s very fun to shoot.
Why dont you post some pictures of your issue as there are several people on this site who can probably see your issue and tell you the fix.
Have you emailed MCARBO? They are very responsive and I’d bet that they will help you.

3 Likes

The dowel is mostly to re/cock the hammer if its dropped while the bolt is out.
Ive not used the dowel method because i can get the hammer back through the breech easier. I agree with @mgmargate, the “little bit of force” method to push the bolt over the cocked hammer involves just learning how much it takes.

4 Likes

sounds like your hammer is not fully seated, pivoting to the butt and flat, it’s not easy to do.
You can get halfway too and the bolt still will not pass. Be patient, it will go in, pretty stiff with new springs.
If you have had it all the way apart make sure the upper feed is oriented correctly, wouldn’t hurt to tear it
down and do it again, and it’s good practice anyways. Don’t over tighten the center grip screw, may impede the hammer resetting when firing.
It’s typical people buy these and do all the mods, so many have been at the same point you are, search the forum and you may find an answer or pics to help.

4 Likes

Unless the hammer is cocked, the bolt will never go back in. You have to push it back and down much farther than you think to get it cocked. Once it is cocked and depending on the firearm you may still encounter some resistance when inserting the bolt. For some, a simple slap on the charging handle will carry it over the cocked hammer and bring it home. Others, like mine, require more. I hold the firearm muzzle down, insert the bolt just past the point where the two pieces join, insure it is properly aligned and then drop it. The weight of the bolt (and gravity) carries it home.

5 Likes

Hello @Longrange and welcome.
Dont give up. Getting the hammer dropped is a chore sometimes but it is a good rifle. Watch the MCARBO videos.

3 Likes

@JoeFridaySays I use the same process and it’s worked for me over the years

2 Likes