M*CARBO Brotherhood

S&W Model 29 vs. South Dakota LEO Handgun Course

Here’s one for all you big bore revolver aficionados out there. You get to enjoy this one two different ways. First, you get to see the Model 29 in action. Second, you can recite all those great Harry Callahan lines while you watch the video! I hope you like it!

Howard

12 Likes

Love that model. mines a 4" but i wouldn’t kick a 6" barrel outta bead for eatin crackers neither…crickets and peepers wouldnt leave ya alone this time for the camera LOL
Im keeping mine with standard S&W sights, but have you ever thought of upgrading the sights to something like a Burris fastfire Trijicon RMR/SRO or other electronic sighting?

5 Likes

The crickets and birds are driving me nuts at the range. What a racket! To answer your question, I don’t plan on changing a thing on this revolver. This one is fine just the way it is.

Howard

6 Likes

@hrfunk
Howard, nice shooting :v::v:Good job​:v::v:
Thanks for the Code too!

4 Likes

You’re welcome! Thanks for watching!

Howard

5 Likes

Maybe “Clean Howard” Callahan, Harry’s long lost half brother? :grinning:

As always, quality video, nice shooting with that hand cannon. :+1:t3:

@hrfunk I realize this is all on your nickel but this website would appear to stock quite a selection of LE qualification targets for many states (possibly all, I didn’t count them).

4 Likes

Ha, ha! Thank you Chilipepper!

Howard

5 Likes

S&W29 I inherited a S&W Mod 29 w/6in barrel from my father. Carried it with me on deer hunts hoping to get the opportunity at the right distance. I did eventually put a Leupold 2X pistol scope on it. Mostly because of my increasing age and decreasing eyesight. I did finally get that deer, one shot 75 yds and it dropped in it’s tracks. I like the “Dirty Harry” reference. My father and I were both LE.

4 Likes

Good shooting! I’ve taken many deer over the years with my .44 Magnum revolvers, and I’ve always been extremely impressed with the abilities of that cartridge. Most of my shots have been about 50 yards, but I have had a couple that were right around 100. With anything close to good shot placement, the .44 Mag will anchor them.

Howard

5 Likes

@hrfunk

Thanks for another great video, Howard.

Nice to see how the 6 inch Model 29 does for police use. That gives us a realistic version of what Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry portrayed in the movies.

3 Likes

You’re welcome! I don’t think anyone will ever mistake me for Clint Eastwood, but at least I can try to present a fair representation of his character’s storied revolver.

Howard

4 Likes